Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Our US O gauge modellers may be interested in these December US retailer arrivals

shortliner

post-6688-0-55912600-1481734085.jpg

GE 44-TON CENTER-CA
SCALE SWITCHER
IN NEW ROADNAMES OR ROADNUMBER

post-6688-0-31939800-1481734566.jpg

post-6688-0-11448500-1481734592.jpg

post-6688-0-91795600-1481734620.jpg

Featuring dual motors with flywheel and the True Blast® Plus sound system, our scale versions are now available in two new road names (Canadian National #1 and Union Pacific® #13990) with a new road number for PRR.

Features include:
die-cast frame
die-cast trucks
dual motors with flywheel
prototypical scale dimensions
electronic reverse board with directional lock-out
LED lighting
True Blast® Plus 16-bit polyphonic sound including prime mover, horn, and bell
engineer cab figure
flush-mounted windshield with separate wipers
navigates O-27 curves
length 9" coupler to coupler; height 3.25"

MSRP $429.95 each

Item No. 23105 PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD #9331
Item No. 23106 CANADIAN NATIONAL #1
Item No. 23107 UNION PACIFIC® #1399

PLEASE NOTE    THESE ARE Bachmann USA RELEASES AND NOT AVAILABLE THROUGH Bachmann UK

- IF YOU WANT THEM YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE YOUR OWN ARRANGEMENTS TO BUY THEM FROM AMERICA

Thanks Jack, but not at that price. I keep looking for a cheap one, but without success (been outbid a couple of times). They have not been around long enough for used one's to appear. They have been succesfully 2-railed, and would be ideal for a small layout. :senile:

Mick.

Thanks Jack, but not at that price. I keep looking for a cheap one, but without success (been outbid a couple of times). They have not been around long enough for used one's to appear. They have been succesfully 2-railed, and would be ideal for a small layout. :senile:

Mick.

Yes, the price is a bit eye-watering, but if a friend in the states could send it,  or a visitor could bring one back, it might avoid the 1 US$ = 1 UK£ conversion that rears its ugly head over here, together with the notorious EBAY "shipping/customs" addition

Forgot to mention that the body and handrails are available as spares, at a reasonable price (especially with a Bachmann discount voucher, which they send out occasionaly if you sign up to the website), so if somebody fancies scratchbuilding the rest ........... :no:

Unfortunately the sill comes with the trucks/motor etc etc as a complete unit, at a not very attractive price .......... :nono:

One for your skills JAMO I think. :sungum:

Mick.

Thank you Mick! ;)   :mosking: ...and thank you to Jack for sharing the information ;)

I still have a modified Rich Yoder model I've bought a long time ago (when prices and shipping from the USA were cheaper). It's my only model made of brass. The others are plastic models.

I don't need another GE-44. I still have 12 locomotive in O scale. It's too much for my small layout.

But I can't be indifferent when I see a GE-44.

I've seen a modification of the Bachmann GE-44 from 3RL to 2RL on a US O gauge forum. I think it's easier to buy only the body and to use NWSL or P&D parts to make the drive with a central motor.

Here is a photo of my modified model

gallery_27876_4070_14383.jpg

Even just a brief comparison of Jamo's loco & the Williams offering reveals the difference between "model" & "toy". ;) (and that doesn't include the wheels!!)

Oh how quickly we have forgotten the Lionel S-2 .......... :jester:

post-24507-0-64381700-1481795402.jpg

post-24507-0-81922400-1481795425_thumb.jpg

Bachmann's terribly proud of their list price, it means their dealer price can allow the dealers to knock a lot off and still make a few bucks.  Western Depot, FOR EXAMPLE, have the 44-tonner at $320:

https://www.westerndepot.com/index.php/cPath/21_503_265_366_384

Nothing worse than getting Grandma's old ironing board and worrying that O-scale (locos especially) may be too big for a layout on it.

Jason

Many thanks to all for my models.

@chaz,

if you want to understand, you have to read my thread and follow my progress. My S-2 was photographied on my French branchline layout. My US O scale layout is under construction. See here please:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/116137-iowa-central-railway/

One day, you'll see another picture with my Alco on a more prototypical track and a US scenery.

;)

Many thanks to all for my models.

@chaz,

if you want to understand, you have to read my thread and follow my progress. My S-2 was photographied on my French branchline layout. My US O scale layout is under construction. See here please:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/116137-iowa-central-railway/

One day, you'll see another picture with my Alco on a more prototypical track and a US scenery.

;)

Fair enough. Of course it's better to photograph it on a layout than just plonk it down on a shelf or table. Full marks for the weathering and the trees.

Archived