If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

greetings

Rotherwood EM1

Hiya everyone, i thought i'd just introduce myself smile.gif

I've just got back into railway modelling after about 20 years away from it! (I found working for the railway knocked my interest for six but it's statrted to come back at last)

As my username hints, my childhood was spent at Rotherwood exchange sidings in Sheffield at the very end of the Woodhead line watching the class 76's, so now working in a signal box just a little further up the line that they used to go passed every day has re-sparked an interest in me.

I sold all of my model railway stuff (over 150 engines plus wagons and coaches) about 15 years ago except for a few oddities but seeing how things have advanced i've come to the conclusion that i don't regret selling any of it except one item because the quality is so much better now!

I mainly stuck to 00 gauge but ventured into 0 gauge near the end and even made a N gauge layout based on Ardlui and i think i will probably still play with all 3 gauges biggrin.gif

i look forward to collecting more engines and starting a new layout eventually and hopefully chatting a bit on here as from what i've read i like smile.gif

• RMweb Gold

Hiya everyone, i thought i'd just introduce myself smile.gifI've just got back into railway modelling after about 20 years away from it!

Welcome RotherwoodEM1

(I found working for the railway knocked my interest for six but it's statrted to come back at last)

I can relate to that

As my username hints, my childhood was spent at Rotherwood exchange sidings in Sheffield at the very end of the Woodhead line watching the class 76's, so now working in a signal box just a little further up the line that they used to go passed every day has re-sparked an interest in me.

I like the 1500Vdc electrics, and I lived in Nelson. Of all the Manchester sheds, I preferred visits to Reddish, and seeing the EM1s at Piccadilly was a real treat for me. I even went on the last revenue earning service day over the Woodhead route.

I sold all of my model railway stuff (over 150 engines plus wagons and coaches) about 15 years ago except for a few oddities but seeing how things have advanced i've come to the conclusion that i don't regret selling any of it except one item because the quality is so much better now!

I agree with your sentiment. Regret nothing, there's nothing like a fresh start

Thanks you two :)

96701, when i got my interest back i thought of all the stuff i'd sold and thought i'd made a huge mistake, then after buying a few new engines and coaches i'm so relieved i actually did sell up otherwise i'd have been stuck with loads of stuff i wouldnt want :)

Hi Simon, yep found it thanks :)

Thanks Anthony it already has! and im having to hold back any plans i originally had while i think about getting really serious and going EM, i don't want to lay any track before i've read up fully the benefits :) at least i've cut my choices down to 00 or EM!

Archived