Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Mornington Crescent 2017

MarcD

Tricky, very tricky,

Do I go for a Cardwellian Slide and risk the laterals, or shall I invoke a Brooke-Taylor Gambit and slow the Rotational Constant?

No, time for a Inverse Slide

Heathrow Terminal 5

T5? Supposedly the best thing since sliced bread in a bag, so Metropolitan Line to

CHORLEY WOOD

• RMweb Premium

I suspect letterspider's moderated status has delayed the appearance of post 301.  No matter.  We know where we are.  Let us resume from Chorley Wood and in honour of a maiden appearance I declare a Rushton's Reverse is in play and we are off to 

MAIDA VALE

I suspect letterspider's moderated status has delayed the appearance of post 301. No matter. We know where we are. Let us resume from Chorley Wood and in honour of a maiden appearance I declare a Rushton's Reverse is in play and we are off to

MAIDA VALE

Let's bowl the maiden over

OVAL

Edited by rockershovel

• RMweb Premium

There are two stations, neither just Penge (they are suffixed East and West) and neither appears on the Standard Stovold Game Board. This can however be amended by prior consent of all players provided they are accompanied by both parents as proof of age. Failure to adhere to simple rules can produce unexpected reactions from other players. It will, at the least,

TURNHAM GREEN

Ah, but Frobishers Guide to 1927 Ammendments clearly states (Chapter 17, para 5) that both Penge East and Penge West are Tertiary Appointments and available to all players once the Laterals are firmly established. 

I will allow that i did not differentiate which of the two Penges I was playing, but in my defence only Penge West is playable after Bounds Green so I thought it was obvious. Luckily it hasn't affected play. Sincere apologies for my omission.

Edited by 37409
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

... freedom for

TOOTING

Ah. The Tooting Popular Front rides again! Wolfie Smith would be delighted.

We shall have to take up arms and get the beers in. In both cases remember to

STOCKWELL

• Like 1

Further to Gwiwer's and 37 409's post and having had the dis-pleasure of having to measure West Acton to East Acton by foot, I also wish to apologise as I now see that East and West Penge are well within the limits of Interchange as defined by the Beck spreadsheet, (i only have a 1980's paper edition at hand as the downloadable version is difficult to fit onto my laptop screen all at once)

Also I must be a bit slow as I don't see how Penge West follows on from Bounds Green - as I am a newbie to the way the game is played on this forum, could other members please remember to specify interchanges when referring to any stations arising from Zone 1 National Rail terminals please. Apart from that it has been jolly entertaining so far :)

Breaking news as of 1030am - North Korea now have the Hydrogen bomb - (I'm sorry I have to go and start a new thread 'modelling nuclear bunkers in O gauge') and so I suggest we take things nice and slowly (to avoid ALL SAINTS) and advance one stop to ACTON TOWN.

Dear Mr Moderator, can you please remove my moderated status as everyone else has gone to the Emirates and I am stuck in Acton Town. I know I have been no ANGEL but I am a Chelsea supporter and it will be a few years before that gets on the map (but sooner than any major silverware for the Gooners)

If you see Willie in a china shop on the King's Road, please tell him I am sorry I heckled him but I forgot my autograph book at home.

Please tell the other players I will can't make it to the pub on Gillespie Road as I am too late.

Sincerely yours, lost somewhere in ACTON

Dear Mr Moderator

further to my last request for leniency, I was on my way to Arsenal to try and catch the other players but I have been told they have gone on to Ladbroke Grove. I am sorry if they get there and find that their wine bar has turned back into a bank. If you manage to see Mr V Morrison over there please tell him I hope everyone can meet me at CYPRUS Avenue.

Thanks