class 313, 314, 315 emu smaller window sizes on panto coach

piranha230

I have managed to measure the length of the large bodyside windows of the class 507 emu, I am trying to find out the length of the two medium sized windows on the class 313 and the 2 medium sized windows and the slim window on the class 314, 315 excluding the outer window frame these bodyside windows are underneath the pantograph on these units, none of these run in my area so that's why I cant measure them.post-3546-0-62696500-1483791318_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

I have managed to measure the length of the large bodyside windows of the class 507 emu, I am trying to find out the length of the two medium sized windows on the class 313 and the 2 medium sized windows and the slim window on the class 314, 315 excluding the outer window frame these bodyside windows are underneath the pantograph on these units, none of these run in my area so that's why I cant measure them.attachicon.gifkkhh.jpg

Looking at photos and trying to scale from them, it looks like they are 2/3rds the size of the main windows.

This side on view might help...

http://www.paulpettittphotographs.co.uk/Modern-traction-two/Class-313-EMU/i-ck7cbrH/A

Dave

Piranha, these are the sizes of the windows of coach 71465 of set 314216 on the 1119 Neilston-Glasgow Central today. They were measured inside the coach from the outside edges of the black rubber seals:

The 2 medium windows are 87cm high by 102cm wide.

The 1 narrow window is 87cm high by 45cm wide.

The distance between the 2 medium windows is 75cm.

The distance between the medium and narrow windows is 110cm (this is ecause inside the coach, between seat backs, is the conduit taking power from the pantograph to underneath the coach.

For reference, the standard size windows are 87cm high (again) by 140cm wide. 

Hope this is of use to you.

Archived