Subscription problem

Downer

• RMweb Premium

I was looking at the USA tank ads, thinking how good the locos looked, and decided to dig out my subscription number should the urge to buy one overtake me.  Mistake!  I bought (renewed) the subscription during last summer's sale, and can find no sign that I was ever issued with a number. I phoned Great Magazines, who told me that since I bought it through iTunes I should contact them.   iTunes, almost needless to say, told me I should contact Great Magazines. 

So I'm stuck without a number, and can see no way of accessing one.  Which might well cost Model Rail a USA tank sale.  Everyone loses.

Any helpful suggestions? 

I was looking at the USA tank ads, thinking how good the locos looked, and decided to dig out my subscription number should the urge to buy one overtake me.  Mistake!  I bought (renewed) the subscription during last summer's sale, and can find no sign that I was ever issued with a number. I phoned Great Magazines, who told me that since I bought it through iTunes I should contact them.   iTunes, almost needless to say, told me I should contact Great Magazines. 

So I'm stuck without a number, and can see no way of accessing one.  Which might well cost Model Rail a USA tank sale.  Everyone loses.

Any helpful suggestions? 

When your next issue comes, check the sheet with your name and address on it. It should have a number starting with a lot of zeros. That's your subscriber number.

Alternatively, order your USA by phone to Kernow MRC. Tell them you're a subscriber but you don't know your number. They will probably have an up to date subscriber list.

Third option: Buy from us at a show (Glasgow is the next one). The show discount (which is equal to the post and packing charge) is usually much the same as a subscriber discount - you don't get both. (CJL)

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

When your next issue comes, check the sheet with your name and address on it. It should have a number starting with a lot of zeros. That's your subscriber number.

Alternatively, order your USA by phone to Kernow MRC. Tell them you're a subscriber but you don't know your number. They will probably have an up to date subscriber list.

Third option: Buy from us at a show (Glasgow is the next one). The show discount (which is equal to the post and packing charge) is usually much the same as a subscriber discount - you don't get both. (CJL)

Thanks for the prompt reply, Chris.  Unfortunately, as Hilux notes in the last post, iTunes does't seem to give you a subscription number.  I will talk to Kernow as you suggest, but don't hold out much hope.  And getting to Glasgow from Guildford would certainly cost a lot more than any discount!

I am also keen to buy a J70, and there does seem to be a problem here as regads digital subscriptions.  Surely Model Rail should have a comprehensive list of its subscribers, no matter which platform those subscribers choose to use. 

Thanks for the prompt reply, Chris.  Unfortunately, as Hilux notes in the last post, iTunes does't seem to give you a subscription number.  I will talk to Kernow as you suggest, but don't hold out much hope.  And getting to Glasgow from Guildford would certainly cost a lot more than any discount!

I am also keen to buy a J70, and there does seem to be a problem here as regards digital subscriptions.  Surely Model Rail should have a comprehensive list of its subscribers, no matter which platform those subscribers choose to use. 

I understood that Kernow has a comprehensive list of subscribers. This problem has not arisen before. I will make enquiries. (CJL)

• RMweb Premium

I got my USA Tank through Kernow last week. I had no idea of my subscription number but they just took my address and name. Found my details almost instantly and my KWVR tank was delivered 36 hours later. Just give them a call, you will not have a problem.

Archived