Corgi Vanguards (and others) 1:43 vehicles, post 1970.

Pete 75C

I have an O gauge scenic "plank" that is in the planning stage. There will be a handful of car parking spaces and so, knowing nothing about 1:43 scale vehicles, I was having a browse on ebay to see if anything's suitable. I'm thinking along the lines of a hatchback or two and then a Chelsea tractor. Now, the first thing I noticed amongst what is available is to look closely and avoid LHD cars. There are loads of them. One brand that kept cropping up was Vanguards by Corgi. Not having a model shop that stocks them locally, I can't actually go and "have a look". Just curious as to opinions? Well-detailed or more toy-like? They certainly seem more affordable than I was expecting so that makes me wonder about the detail.

There is a shop locally with a selection of Minichamps vehicles in 1:43 so I will go and have a look. I have no idea if they will all be LHD, but I do know they are considerably more expensive. From photos I've seen, I'm tempted by solid colours rather than metallic, as the metallic colours I've seen just don't look "right" scaled down.

Any opinions welcome.

I think a lot of mini champs are LHD, sometimes autoloco has secondhand vanguards in.

I'd have a word with Dave at Cromer to see what he can get

Cheers

Dave had plenty of the Minichamps cars in the case, all RHD (I think), so worth a better look next time I'm there, especially as he offered me a deal - they just don't seem to sell at marked price and he's had a lot of them for a while now.

• RMweb Gold

I found that by accident back in October, Mike. Spent a happy half-hour in there browsing until the urge for a beer got too strong. Ah, Benidorm... sun, sea, sand and scale model cars. Who'd have thought it?

:jester:

Try rain, snow, sand washed away and model cars, currently a closer description!

Oh, and did you see the river past the place you nearly bought?

Mike.

Archived