Merchant Navy sound

• RMweb Premium

Hi everyone, I have to date only one sound steam loco a Beyer Garratt, my experience with this was not the best. The original sound chip was very quiet even at full volume, I returned it to the original seller who said it was fine. So the guy that does Howes sound chips took a look at it and transformed it to a superb sound loco. So with this in mind I am a bit reticent to splash out on a sound chip unless I can find a decent one to start with. I am not keen on TTS chips so can anyone recommend a supplier who is likely to capture the sound of an early MN (Channel Packet when I get it) that will really do it justice? I appreciate that many people have their favourite suppliers and I even have my own when it comes to diesel traction but their steam sounds are limited. Thanks in anticipation

The best sounding steam engine in my and many others opinion is the Locoman 8F, supplied by DC Kits.

As far as a MN goes, my understanding that an offering from Digitrains is pretty high on the list.....it was done by Paul Chetter.

Archived