If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

New starter... kind-of.

Thebaz

Hi there,

I haven't had a model railway since I was about 13 years old, after which football, girls, booze and university took over. Now I'm approaching 40 and have two little boys of my own I quite fancy having a proper go at building a layout (the missus is going to kill me!!). I was inspired after visiting Croydon MRS exhibition late last year. Even back in my younger years I didn't exactly have any modelling skills so in that sense I'm starting from scratch and I'm quite overwhelmed by all the possibilities. Space is limited so I will have to do something N-scale. I have grander plans in my head but have come to realise that they are going to have to go on hold for a few years!

I will be looking to learn how to build lots of things myself to keep costs down, and buy recycled track and other bits. I do have one main, quite big problem though: I strictly want to model contemporary "Southern region" third-rail stock. And the availability of ready-to-run and etched kits of this era in N-scale are basically zero. Indeed modelling firms do not cater for people like me very well at all :-(. So I'll be trying to tap-up people who have done it and know how!

Cheers!

Ken

You will soon be able to get a ready to run N gauge Class 319, from Graham Farish (Bachmann Europe) in Thameslink livery.

http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/image_box.php?image=images1/farish/372-876.jpg&cat_no=372-876&info=0&width=800&height=369

You can also get a Class 350 Desiro from them, but you would have to modify that to become an SR unit.

Yes I saw that before. Shame they don't do the 450 like they do in 4mm scale! I'd love someone to do a 700. And a moon on a stick. 

Cheers all!

You will soon be able to get a ready to run N gauge Class 319, from Graham Farish (Bachmann Europe) in Thameslink livery.

http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/image_box.php?image=images1/farish/372-876.jpg&cat_no=372-876&info=0&width=800&height=369

You can also get a Class 350 Desiro from them, but you would have to modify that to become an SR unit.

Archived