Lenz LE1014MP Decoder - Lighting Functions

Trev1073

Hi,

I have just installed an Express Models Lighting kit using a Lenz LE1014MP decoder. I have been able to re-map the functions so that each Headcode and Tail Lights have their own function. The Headcodes (working on FO & F1 but not directionally) appear to be very bright. Looking at the decoder manual it suggests using CV52 & CV58 but changing these does not make a noticible difference. I am wondering if there is a dependency on another CV setting, but I am getting a bit lost in the various options. Has anyone else been able to adjust these outputs?

Thanks in advance.

Trev

Hi,

I have just installed an Express Models Lighting kit using a Lenz LE1014MP decoder. I have been able to re-map the functions so that each Headcode and Tail Lights have their own function. The Headcodes (working on FO & F1 but not directionally) appear to be very bright. Looking at the decoder manual it suggests using CV52 & CV58 but changing these does not make a noticible difference. I am wondering if there is a dependency on another CV setting, but I am getting a bit lost in the various options. Has anyone else been able to adjust these outputs?

Thanks in advance.

Trev

CV52 dims function on white wire and CV58 on the yellow wire.  Assuming you are using these two wires. If you set these both to zero then they should be very dim.

The other two wires Green and Violet are not dimmable.

White is normally F0 fwd and yellow F0 reverse

Try a decoder reset with CV8=33, then set CV52 and 58 to zero

If you do want green and violet dimmer then you will need to add an extra resistor try 10k ohm and see if that's OK

norman

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Trev

What have you got in CV51? It is the CV that disables the directionality of output A & B but also enables dimming on output A if one of the higher bits is set. Ideally for your requirements it needs to be set to 5

For output B to be dimmable you need CV57 set to 4 as well

1014 full manual attached, hope it helps

Andi

Lenz le1014 manual.pdf

Well I have had a play with the CV's and have come up with the following. CV51 -9 CV52 - 15 CV57 -10 CV58 - 15. I could still reduce the headcode lights further by reducing CV52 & 58 but it looks much better now. Thanks for the pointers.

Trev

• RMweb Gold

Well I have had a play with the CV's and have come up with the following. CV51 -9 CV52 - 15 CV57 -10 CV58 - 15. I could still reduce the headcode lights further by reducing CV52 & 58 but it looks much better now. Thanks for the pointers.

Trev

Are you sure those are the values you have in 51 and 57? That doesn't tie up with the manual at all

Andi

Are you sure those are the values you have in 51 and 57? That doesn't tie up with the manual at all

Andi

Hi Andi,

Those are the readings on my Lenz handset. CV51 9  (Bit 1 & Bit 4 showing) CV 57 10 (Bit 2 & Bit 4 showing). I checked them again today. As far as I can see from the Manual this is changing the lights to Independent operation (1) and Output A can be dimmed(4) as far as CV 51 is concerned with CV 57 being the same but for output B. Hope this makes sense, I am just happy that it all works now!

Trev

Archived