Intriguing Problem with JMRI PanelPro

terrysoham

I am using a MacBook Pro running Windows 10 64 bit laptop under BOOTCAMP.

Until recently, I could run this script called StartOfDay on start up using PanelPro which I have used to prepared the Neely control panel.

This is the script:

sensors.provideSensor(“SOD”).setState(ACTIVE)

The script sets all my points and sensors to a known state for start of day.

Now I get the following error message on start up

Parse error

While parsing file /C:/Users/Terry/JMRI/My_ JMRI_Railroad/StartOfDay.py

Exception:org..jdom2.input.JDOMParseException:Error on line 1:Content is not allowed in prolog.

I can start the same script from PanelPro>panels>Run Script with no problems.

I can start the same script on my Windows 7, 32bit machine with no problems

Any ideas what is wrong.

Ps I have not tried to post this on the Yahoo JMRI site as I find Yahoo hard to use so, if you don't mind, don't ask me to do so!

Until recently, I could run this script called StartOfDay on start up using PanelPro which I have used to prepared the Neely control panel.

Now sorted. I tinkered about and tried "run" start of day file instead of "load" file in Preferences > startup and bingo.

So obvious NOT and wasn't the error message useful NOT?

You seemed to have answered it already. Looks so obvious now you've repeated the word 'run'. We have all done something similar though.

You won't fall for that again after spending hours trying to work out what the issue was.

Error codes are often completely unhelpful unless you are very familiar with the system....then you often don't need them anyway. :scratchhead:

I hate crap error message, especially the ones that say "contact your Systems Administrator" I am the *** administrator!

I am still waiting for a reply from my administrator - i.e. me.

He is obviously down the pub again instead of being on 24/7 standby to resolve ridiculous error messages.

Archived