CSP models

Craigw

Does anybody know the current status of CSP models?

I know the range was being transferred, however, the website has not changed and I have had no reply to an email query.

I would like to purchase a kit or two but am rather 

regards,

For many years I expressed an interest in the LSWR C14 0-4-0T but fear it will never see the light of day. I understand the 7mm version which was to be released by Roxey is likely, according to a brief chat with Dave Hammersley at ExpoNG last year, also to stay dormant.

Edited by decauville1126

The other real shame is that Roger was working on a GWR Armstrong Standard Goods, Beyer 0-6-0 and another type of outside framed 0-6-0. I think these were being done with the Late Paul Gram. So, I imagine these are gone now. I do like the smaller locos, but I have to say I would certainly have puchased these.

Regards,

Craig W

Some headway is being made - a tentative first post of the year has appeared on the website

I will have to get back in contact about my outstanding order from last year, but the "contact us" link won't work for me. Looks like I'll have to try and phone again mid-week. 

Paul A. 

• 2 weeks later...

The "contact us" is broken for me too (probably for anyone), the email listed with Paypal is bouncing, and another email address listed on the site seems to be live but not responding.

Not looking good, very very unfortunately.

sorry,-w

Some headway is being made - a tentative first post of the year has appeared on the website

I will have to get back in contact about my outstanding order from last year, but the "contact us" link won't work for me. Looks like I'll have to try and phone again mid-week. 

Paul A. 

All

On behalf of CSP Models I can only apologise for the current problems and length of time it is taking to get everything sorted.

I am currently working on digitising the instructions as all we inherited for the early kits were a very old set, which were just photocopied as and when. They are well past there best!

We have received a batch of etches, that we ordered, as well as whitemetal castings. Lost wax brass are being cast this week. Wheels and motors are on order.

Unfortunately we have lists of what should go in each of the older kits but no positive means of identifying which bit is which. There are some boxes marked up with a kit number as well as sprues but they do not match the instructions. Some sprues contain parts for several kits so they all have to be cut off and sorted.

I can only manage one day per week actually sorting and packing at the moment and Iain is working at his full-time casting for his customers.

Not certain what the problem is with the e-mail. cspmodels@outlook.com is the one to use. Our tests with it are working OK. PayPal has dropped its link and is being repaired.

Hayes Development should be transferred to a new owner if negotiations go to plan and yes, they will be marketed by him.

Fingers crossed things get better soon. I'll be at Preston MRE this weekend on the Cumbrian Railways Association stand if anybody wants to talk to me.

Philip, for CSP Models

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

All

On behalf of CSP Models I can only apologise for the current problems and length of time it is taking to get everything sorted.

I am currently working on digitising the instructions as all we inherited for the early kits were a very old set, which were just photocopied as and when. They are well past there best!

We have received a batch of etches, that we ordered, as well as whitemetal castings. Lost wax brass are being cast this week. Wheels and motors are on order.

Unfortunately we have lists of what should go in each of the older kits but no positive means of identifying which bit is which. There are some boxes marked up with a kit number as well as sprues but they do not match the instructions. Some sprues contain parts for several kits so they all have to be cut off and sorted.

I can only manage one day per week actually sorting and packing at the moment and Iain is working at his full-time casting for his customers.

Not certain what the problem is with the e-mail. cspmodels@outlook.com is the one to use. Our tests with it are working OK. PayPal has dropped its link and is being repaired.

Hayes Development should be transferred to a new owner if negotiations go to plan and yes, they will be marketed by him.

Fingers crossed things get better soon. I'll be at Preston MRE this weekend on the Cumbrian Railways Association stand if anybody wants to talk to me.

Philip, for CSP Models

I am very disappointed.  I have written to CSP models on the email above on three or four occasions without response.

My request is simple ands to be honest the question has become increasingly easy to answer as time has passed.

This little locomotive is now missing just a chimney and a dome and is meant to be the center piece on the layout Tackeroo (WW1 UK traing camp layout) at its first exhibition in July 8th 2017..

post-9707-0-89588100-1489265532_thumb.jp

Here it is seen on The Mill missing these two important parts.

The problem is the castings are poorly aligned and barely usable.post-19016-0-96357600-1485527368.jpg

I have asked CSP if they possibly have any better castings?  ChrisGNR of this site has sourced alternative buffers and fabricated an alternative smoke box door but that's where the trail has gone cold.

My repeatedly asked question to CSP is do you have a better casting - Chimney and dome. Happy to pay...  Just need an answer.

I turn to this thread because this is the one that CSP has responded to.

Andy

I am very disappointed.  I have written to CSP models on the email above on three or four occasions without response.

Yes, I share your frustration.

I have also not received any response to my emails or answer phone messages inquiring about my outstanding kit order from 2016. 

Paul A, 

Unfortunately, I have to share that experience of total silence as well.

While they say the email is working, nobody seems to be willing to use it to respond in any way.

Which is sad.

We all know they are busy (which is why I'd refrain from using the more disruptive phone..), and so far I have Sans Pareil in very high regard.

He did some first class castings for me long ago...

Getting a strong dejavu to the "Malcolm Mitchell at David Geen" experience.

Its everyone's own choices, I guess.

sorry,-w

All

Yes we are very busy and unfortunately I keep forgetting to check this site on a regular basis (I do have it book marked). As they say 'the best laid plans' etc.

SWMBO has broken her drinking arm and I am now full time cook, dishwasher, housekeeper 'et all' as well as looking after two kids a 14 and 4 year old, the latter being 'full on'. This after I retired several years ago.

For some reason the online shop went down and then we could not get logged into the site to sort it. Took professional help to get it back to where it is now.

We have no idea what is happening to e-mails, Iain is the only one who can see them, when they do come through!

Andy - please send the castings to CSP Models, Unit 13, Carlisle Enterprise Centre, James Street, Carlisle CA2 5BB and I'll go through what we have and find a better set, remember kit number as well. Our whitemetal caster has told us that a couple of the moulds need to be renewed and having seen the quality, or not, of what is coming out of them I can only agree.

Paul - A. Send me a PM with your details and what you ordered and I'll go searching for you.

We have managed to fulfill some orders but not as fast as I'd like.

Philip for CSP Models

• RMweb Premium

All

Yes we are very busy and unfortunately I keep forgetting to check this site on a regular basis (I do have it book marked). As they say 'the best laid plans' etc.

SWMBO has broken her drinking arm and I am now full time cook, dishwasher, housekeeper 'et all' as well as looking after two kids a 14 and 4 year old, the latter being 'full on'. This after I retired several years ago.

For some reason the online shop went down and then we could not get logged into the site to sort it. Took professional help to get it back to where it is now.

We have no idea what is happening to e-mails, Iain is the only one who can see them, when they do come through!

Andy - please send the castings to CSP Models, Unit 13, Carlisle Enterprise Centre, James Street, Carlisle CA2 5BB and I'll go through what we have and find a better set, remember kit number as well. Our whitemetal caster has told us that a couple of the moulds need to be renewed and having seen the quality, or not, of what is coming out of them I can only agree.

Paul - A. Send me a PM with your details and what you ordered and I'll go searching for you.

Philip for CSP Models

Thank you very much I will send on the castings I am still missing.

Andy

Philip for CSP Models

Hi Philip, 

PM sent. Thank you for getting in touch

Paul A. 

• 2 weeks later...

Kit arrived safely this morning, all parts present. 

Very happy that CSP is moving forward now, after what must have been a rocky time after Rogers passing.

I'll be ordering again in the future. 

Paul A. 

Thank you very much I will send on the castings I am still missing.

Andy

Andy

Castings arrived and the ones we have in stock are not the best so are sorting through the masters to see what we can do about getting news ones done.

Philip for CSP Models

• RMweb Premium

Andy

Castings arrived and the ones we have in stock are not the best so are sorting through the masters to see what we can do about getting news ones done.

Philip for CSP Models

I appreciate your efforts

Andy