Mk1 EMU Translator Vehicles ADB 975875 &977087. Livery?

Hi Guys.

Just bought the Invictor Models EMU Translator set in NSE with Commonwealth bogies.

I now want to make them as authentic as possible without massive alterations.

I've done the usual search on line for photos and have a few, but there are only a few in NSE and a lot on Flikr shots seem to have incorrect dates or only dates of uploading.

Can I ask a few questions please?

What dates was the pair in NSE?

Did they have Commonwealth bogies throughout this livery?

Were both outer end corridor connectors removed?

Were the interiors emptied during NSE livery?

When were the vertical handrails on the inner ends removed?

Anything else would be of interest, especially if someone else has messed about with them.

Thanks in advance

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Have you tried here?

http://www.departmentals.com/search.php?searchValue=975875&btn=

http://www.departmentals.com/search.php?searchValue=977087&btn=

It would appear that in NSE at least they retained the corridor connectors at the brake ends only judging by the pictures on the above links.

Have you tried here?

http://www.departmentals.com/search.php?searchValue=975875&btn=

http://www.departmentals.com/search.php?searchValue=977087&btn=

It would appear that in NSE at least they retained the corridor connectors at the brake ends only judging by the pictures on the above links.

Thanks John.

I've seen them but can't see the brake ends.

Cheers

Dave

IIRc, they should have different bogies. The ones on the Bachmann EPB or CEP are the correct one for most of their lives iirc.

There were some CEPs that had commonwealth bogies, so you could swap them over.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks John.

I've seen them but can't see the brake ends.

Cheers

Dave

The pictures on those links with them in a blue/grey livery are in fact later in life after NSE and show the brake end corridor connections in place therefore it is safe to assume they still had them in NSE.

Gosh, the things one learns here!  

I clicked on this thread simply to find out what was meant by 'translator' in this context, and after a trawl round the web have learned much about different braking and safety systems, and how 'dead' units are moved.

No help to the OP, I'm afraid, but thanks to him for the education!

Mike

The pictures on those links with them in a blue/grey livery are in fact later in life after NSE and show the brake end corridor connections in place therefore it is safe to assume they still had them in NSE.

Thanks John.

But hold on. You seem to be saying the this pair was repainted in Blue/Grey after NSE. Are you perhaps going by the dates on flikr photos. If so, I feel these are wrong or are the uploading dates.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Yes, they received a blue and grey livery (not quite the traditional shades though) after NSE.  If you look at one picture on that link, it is coupled to a post 2006 livery Merseyrail Class 507 or 508 with preserved Class 50 Exeter alongside it in its fictious two tone green livery.

Guys.

Sorry for the disbelief on the liveries but thanks for you replies.

I just couldn't believe that they went back to Blue/Grey after NSE.

So, having settle that, my original questions still stand:

What dates was the pair in NSE?

Did they have Commonwealth bogies throughout this livery?

Were both outer end corridor connectors removed?  It seems as though they kept the outer (brake end) connectors as they appear in the later Blue/Grey shots.

Were the interiors emptied during NSE livery?

When were the vertical handrails on the inner ends removed?

Thanks again everyone.

Sorry for doubting a couple of you.

Dave.

Thanks everyone.

Going through the photos I now have the last query I have is;

During NSE livery days, we're the interiors gutted or was it later please ?

Anyone know ?

Cheers

Dave.

Cant speak for these specific vehicles but the ones used for Networkers had the interiors removed, and a frame added for all the brake translation equipment. You needed a loco fitted with either ETH or blue star multiple working equipment to provide the power that was needed to make the electrical brake signals. We spent not an inconsiderable amount of effort modifying them so that they could haul a Networker to Vienna. This involved fitting a small diesel generator on each vehicles underframe to provide an electrical supply so that any air braked loco could haul it.  When it got to France SNCF would not accept the braking system, so a continuous brake pipe had to be provided. This was attached to the outside of the train, and the Networker brakes isolated. A number of goods vans were then attached to the rear of the train to make up the brake force.

Very frustrating!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived