Z21 Ipad Controller

Lowben

I have recently purchased a Roco z21 Dcc controller and am experimenting what I can achieve with it on a small test layout.

I have one DCC locomotive running on this layout but cannot get the iPad controller to work as expected.

I have successfully connected the controller to a wifi router and installed the z21 app on the iPad and connected these succesfully.

I can set CV via the iPad and also see the throttle levels increase and decrease when controlled by the multiMaus controller.So I think I am correct in concluding that everything is wired together correctly.

However... I cannot control an engine from the iPad. The throttle/speed control simply does not respond to drag or touch commands. It is as if it is set in a read only mode.

Does anyone have any experience of this??

Disconnect the MultiMaus and try again.

Thanks for suggestion - I've tried that but no luck. Have restarted everything after disconnecting and still no luck.

On the iPad The STOP / GO  at the top of the screen works but  direction and throttle are unresponsive.

Hi,

Is it the z21 (white) or the Z21 (black)?

Apologies if a daft question and no intention to insult intelligence, but I'm wondering if you've carried out the engine set up procedure ie added the loco in 'Railed Vehicle Settings'.

Cheers ...Alan

It is the white one.

Daft questions are good! They usually lead to obvious answers! However on this occasion I had done as questioned.

Latest thought is I think it is to do with Activation code and router so investigating this at the moment. I was trying to use an existing router I have at home.

Hi,

As I understand it the white z21 does not come with a router, so you have to use your own, or buy a wireless package from Roco.

As the Multimaus is working I would suspect that your Wifi router isn't and needs to be reconfigured to the default IP address range that the z21 uses.

The bad news is that I have the Black Z21 and it comes with a preconfigured router, so I don't know how to fix your problem.

Regards,

John P

Hi,

As I understand it the white z21 does not come with a router, so you have to use your own, or buy a wireless package from Roco.

As the Multimaus is working I would suspect that your Wifi router isn't and needs to be reconfigured to the default IP address range that the z21 uses.

The bad news is that I have the Black Z21 and it comes with a preconfigured router, so I don't know how to fix your problem.

Regards,

John P

Thanks for taking time John. The router is configured correctly as all CV settings etc can be read both on iPad and in other PC apps attached to the router. I have ordered a wireless package and hopefully this will address the issue. Cheers! 

SORTED: I missed the stage to activate the z21. This required purchase of an activation code from ROCO.

Purchasing the code then required submission of web form to link with code with the Serial Number of the z21 (This was accessed using the z21 maintenance program downloaded from the ROCO web site.)

Once activated trains controlled via iPad. Excellent!!

Archived