Bournemouth Model Railway Show 11th & 12th Feb

dasatcopthorne

I haven't seen anything about this show on here or UK Model Shops so here goes.

This weekend :

The Hamworthy Club

Magna Road

Wimborne.

Sat Nav BH21 3AL.

Please note that this is NOT in Hamworthy, Poole.

Full details on Website at:  www.bmre.org.uk.

We'll be there with, Eight Dollar Canyon & K Street Yard.

Cheers

Exhibition Team

Carshalton & Sutton MRC

www.csmrc.co.uk

post-509-0-64227400-1486575257_thumb.jpg

post-509-0-14663500-1486575323_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Anyone have a list of layouts attending?

Follow the link in the earlier post for the entry in UKmodelshops. From there, follow the link to the club's exhibition website. Hunt around on there for a while and you'll eventually find the list of exhibitors.

Follow the link in the earlier post for the entry in UKmodelshops. From there, follow the link to the club's exhibition website. Hunt around on there for a while and you'll eventually find the list of exhibitors.

Thanks, should have done that.  

• RMweb Premium

I went to visit the show today and arrived around 1.30pm to find the car park rammed full.  Several cars were driving around in a vain hope of finding a parking space. After a few minutes most, like me, gave up and left.  I won't bother to go next year.

I can understand that.

I have exhibited there a couple of times in recent years. Even when I arrived early in the mornings, the car park was getting busy with the vehicles of the sports players arriving for their matches on the pitches around the centre. Add to that the Social Club aspect of the facilities, and there are more vehicles for club members arriving for their relaxation. I could usually hear grumbling from the members regarding difficulty in parking because of  all the railway people.

At the time you arrived, I can imagine that the morning game football players had still not all left; the Social Club members were there for their lunches; and the rugby fan members would be in the bar ready for the afternoon international match on the screen. Oh, and the afternoon footballers were probably trying to park too!

I must express surprise that the venue is still used for exhibitions; although the host model railway club seem quite pleased there. Perhaps one of their folk will read this and give us both a better insider's view of the problem?

I arrived just before three and had no problem parking. What I did have a problem with though was the number of box shifters. To paraphrase Harriet Harman it was raining box shifters! I've never seen so many at a show, not ever.

The layouts were very good, trade support was dreadful, catering excellent and the venue was fine, at least at three it was fine.

Regards

Archived