Gaugemaster PM10D DCC Pointmotor switching frog polarity

DarrenMoffat

The instructions for the PM10D (which I haven't yet bought) installation say it only needs two wires to the DCC track.

For Peco code 55 electro frog points I assume I still need to connect the frog polarity wire to the screw terminals - but which ones ?

If you have a separate accessory bus, you will need 3 wires to switch the frog. Do the LED terminals have a built-in resistor? If not, then these can be used for frog switching.

If you are using the track DCC to operate the point, then you can use the same wires for switching the frog & operating the point.

The motor will not care which way around the wires are connected but it will matter for the frog.

As far as I understand at this stage the GM10D does not support frog polarity switching via any on board switch.

It is indeed two wire operation. The power is from the DCC rails or bus pair of wires and provides the motor with both operation power and DCC data to allow the operation.

I suggest you contact Gaugemaster direct to confirm whether the LED marked connections can only be used for LEDs or they could be used for frog switching.

Archived