Royal Train

• RMweb Gold

And twice they refer to the train as "Britannia" - have I been missing something all these years?  (Although to be fair to them, The Johnster is getting carried away above, they did correctly say a Victorian rail depot not a Victorian Rail depot, sorry!).  As for "the locomotive", why is that so difficult for people to grasp, locomotive = engine = for puling trains - in fact, the locomotive is entirely irrelevant here, as they aren't part of the Royal Train anyway, just a specially liveried DB 67...

Only a bit carried away...

• RMweb Gold

...so, like, the paint on the locomotives is, like, 120 years old? #amazingpaint.

C6T.

Yes, that's right.  It's striped as well.

...so, like, the paint on the locomotives is, like, 120 years old? #amazingpaint.

C6T.

Yes, that's right.  It's striped as well.

I saw the Royal Train heading north through Ludlow on Friday. I checked RTT last night and couldn't find it. Does it usually appear?

There is a northbound special up to LNWR but that was an unidentified special with Anglia mk2 stock.

• RMweb Gold

I saw the Royal Train heading north through Ludlow on Friday. I checked RTT last night and couldn't find it. Does it usually appear?

There is a northbound special up to LNWR but that was an unidentified special with Anglia mk2 stock.

No it doesn't appear on RTT but it does appear on live signalling diagrams as they don't seem to be able to hide it from them.

On Friday I was at Newport for 1Z68 with 68.024 Centaur working a rugby supporter special Carmarthen-Edinburgh (pity about the result yesterday!). This was the one with 11 coaches 6 blue/grey and 5 Anglia. 1Z60 followed this and showed up on the signalling diagrams but not RTT (no idea where 1Z60 went but that was what the 67's and claret stock were running as last week.  Not sure if it always uses the same headcode these days - I believe they change it but can't be sure)

Edit: I just checked the TOPS list for 09:15 last Friday - 67.005/006 were shown at Bescot - they have ways of making the locos be elsewhere when on Royal duties but they can't hide the train from the signalling displays.

Not necessary to carry all four lamps these days (and not approptiate I for charles on his own anyway). I suspect what you see there is class 1 lamps with the hi intensity headlamp between them. The protection wouldn't be effective if they only turned up at the same time as her maj so no advantage in taking the vehicles with them.

Just a thought but, wouldn't it be a possibility to include 2 or 3 of the ex rebuilt car carriers to take the royal protection squad vehicles and the Queen's personal vehicle, rather than having somebody drive them to the area the train is at.

You work out how to unload them, then I'll phone the Palace to suggest it.

Archived