Missed the Kettering 0gauge show because I was attending a residential weekend 2D [DraftSight] and 3D [Autodesk Fusion/Netfabb] course at Missenden Abbey which is roughly between Amersham and Aylesbury. Very worthwhile especially as the software is highly capable and free. 

The course was run by Alan Butler of 3D scanning ModelU fame and covered a beginner's guide to preparing artwork for laser cutting, metal etching and 3D simple pattern making [a 64xx pannier chimney]. 

If you want a taste of how these programmes work, then one of these short courses will get you up an running quickly. The 2D etch artwork course gives you more than enough skill to produce artwork suitable for PPD.

Other courses running this weekend included painting and lining, weathering, sound systems and DCC as well as trackbuilding.

If you want to know more, go to www.missendenrailwaymodellers.org.uk

I was also on that course.

I have to sayy it was excellent!

The first lesson was Friday evening with "lessons" all day Saturday from 9am to 10 pm.

Proper ale in the bar.

Sunday was 9 am to 4pm.

There was eight of us on the course so plenty of time for Alan Butler to give every one some personal time if required.

The course hand outs are very good and the whole course is orientated towards railways.

A happy and tired customer.

Gordon A

Missed the Kettering 0gauge show because I was attending a residential weekend 2D [DraftSight] and 3D [Autodesk Fusion/Netfabb] course at Missenden Abbey which is roughly between Amersham and Aylesbury. Very worthwhile especially as the software is highly capable and free. 

The course was run by Alan Butler of 3D scanning ModelU fame and covered a beginner's guide to preparing artwork for laser cutting, metal etching and 3D simple pattern making [a 64xx pannier chimney]. 

If you want a taste of how these programmes work, then one of these short courses will get you up an running quickly. The 2D etch artwork course gives you more than enough skill to produce artwork suitable for PPD.

Other courses running this weekend included painting and lining, weathering, sound systems and DCC as well as trackbuilding.

If you want to know more, go to www.missendenrailwaymodellers.org.uk

Also 4mm and 7mm loco building workshops.

In the 4mm workshop we had someone join the course as a first timer who had never soldered anything before.  By Sunday lunchtime he had an almost complete whitemetal tank engine locomotive body.  More importantly, he had so much enthusiasm for modeling the first thing he wanted to do on going home was to unpack and continue building :-)

Missenden - you know it makes sense.

Cheers

Flymo

(one of the 4mm tutors)

Archived