TTS Sound Class 20

meatloaf

Think I've got your meaning Rob. My intention is to run nose to nose, so header lighting requirements would be limited to the lower left cab front of the leading loco (only). When running in the opposite direction, same header lighting for the leading loco (only). This works fine through the yellow wires. My intention was to use the white wires to illuminate the cab of the trailing loco (since I presume it would house a driver), but can't get it to work.

White wire would put the intended cab light on directional only when that loco was running ‘fwd’. I.e. if rigged nose to nose when that loco was trailing. It should work - basic check is the cab led installed the right way round (I have trimmed led legs before and soldered them in reversed).

Folk also don’t always spot that Hornby TTS diesels without factory lights are also without factory wiring to the socket (inner 4-pins) only the track and motor connections (outer 4-pins).

Edit - Or you could use the green wire and make the cab lights switchable on F25.

Rob

Edited by RAFHAAA96

Settled for cab light only on the rear loco, so both Class 20 Locos now running as planned - apart from a very small speed difference for a given throttle setting, which I am hoping to iron out when I set the consist up. Now to complete the final two diaoramas.