Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I'm supposed to be getting ready to go out for the day and I can't stop looking at that picture!

Ah, if your device has frozen hold the on/off button an force it to restart, should be fine after that.

Happy to help 😁

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
On 27/08/2023 at 07:32, KNP said:

Unusual angle, must be the Squadron Leader hanging from a tree....!

5484.jpg.211ec85d59a7dcf488c930c5b8fedab1.jpg

It's all a little hush, hush, you know Mum's the word, but I have it on good authority that these shots were not taken by the squadron leader, but instead he loaned his Leica to a Mr J Bond esq. who took these from something he called a prototype for "Little Nellie"? But, as I say, this is all on the QT...

Kevin

• Like 2
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Strathwood said:

It's all a little hush, hush, you know Mum's the word, but I have it on good authority that these shots were not taken by the squadron leader, but instead he loaned his Leica to a Mr J Bond esq. who took these from something he called a prototype for "Little Nellie"? But, as I say, this is all on the QT...

Accent on the Q....

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

If the squadron leader goes much higher he's going to need some oxygen.

I think he's still got a bit of a way to go before he should worry about the lack of oxygen!  15,000ft was a practical altitude for pilots in WW1 although there are a lots of records of some reaching 20,000ft, and even hgher, without oxygen equipment, but only for short periods of time!  Although the lack of oxygen is a problem, at those sort of heights the cold is a serious issue, especially considering the slipstream from the prop at over 100mph!

Roja

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

4 hours ago, KNP said:

Now the Squadron leader is back with a fly over of the LM goods yard and harbour.

Seems so peaceful, not a loco in sight but plenty of wagons...

5487.jpg.5bbc932bda7ef3f91fc45d83b3eaec12.jpg

Crane's back again or to be more exact found it hiding in a cup'd and thought....you know what, time to be seen again!

Mine is still hiding in a box, in bits!

I really ought to get it finished!

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Perhaps you could do it when you take a break from doing all those coaches Rob.

Despite the only slightly deserved reputation for being an awkward build (It isn't, it's just that the instructions are not the best...) it will be a light relief from coaches. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium

Have the H & S E been advised of the gap between loco and tender? 🙂

Why is it that I notice things like that but other just as viewable but more scenically related items seem to pass me by?

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, KNP said:

As seen from the creamery office window earlier this week Hardwick Grange passing by.

I've only just got this picture as it took a while for the Manager to get the picture back from being chemists developed?

5491.jpg.940e07403565d1b6786496019c414cfb.jpg

"And Something for the weekend sir?"

Kevin

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

3 hours ago, Ray H said:

Have the H & S E been advised of the gap between loco and tender? 🙂

Why is it that I notice things like that but other just as viewable but more scenically related items seem to pass me by?

Something I must do.

Have a lot of locos with no fall plate 

Funny but a lot of missing crew!!!!

😳

• Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, KNP said:

As seen from the creamery office window earlier this week Hardwick Grange passing by.

I've only just got this picture as it took a while for the Manager to get the picture back from being chemists developed?

5491.jpg.940e07403565d1b6786496019c414cfb.jpg

Goodness. Way back when I remember it used to take a fortnight to get photos developed and even then sometimes they weren’t back even then. 

• Agree 5