Little Muddle

KNP

27 minutes ago, checkrail said:

Not sure we've seen the station from that angle before.  Nice.  And a 45xx plus B-set does it for me every time.

Used it ages ago but now found my mini tripod so able to set the camera up securely.

I reckon it will be used again!!!!

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

It's pretty amazing that a new shiny loco could show up and yet Pete still hasn't found that key.

Little Muddle certainly operates on a completely different time spectrum to the rest of the universe.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4

6 hours ago, KNP said:

However, I got off flea bay a slope topped small Prairie, made by Lima many years ago, for a song.

Not one to say no to a challenge for the last couple of days I have been quietly working on 4589.

Now converted to DCC, not the best runner but for Little Muddle it will be fine.

Hi Kevin,

I have several of these, all of which I had earmarked for disposal, but will be interested in the details of what you do with yours as I might keep one to tinker with!

Cheers

Paul

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2815.jpg.d9cb5c58d7018233d9a45aaa52b7e43d.jpg

Question for one and all: 

The layout is based in 1938 so should the B set still be carrying the garter and words, should they be the shirt button?

Edited by KNP
  • Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

First, that's not the garter, it's the crest. I think that those coaches were introduced around 1927 so they would be due for overhaul in '34 when the roundel was introduced, so may well have had that applied.

Edited by Siberian Snooper
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
51 minutes ago, Limpley Stoker said:

Or else you could wind the clock back to 1935, we don’t mind !

But then Kevin would have to replace the newspaper the man on the lorry's reading!   :jester:

• Funny 9

23 minutes ago, Ray H said:

But then Kevin would have to replace the newspaper the man on the lorry's reading!   :jester:

Well I never.

You’re right, not given that a thought.....

Would be difficult as he is fixed in position as he kept falling off as he is slightly off balance to get the relaxed angle!!!

• Friendly/supportive 3

I confirm that I will not be extending Little Muddle.

The main reason is that I have already extended the layout to build Encombe Town station board and have absolutely no where else to extend to...…..(unfortunately). 

• Friendly/supportive 4

15 hours ago, KNP said:

Question for one and all: 

The layout is based in 1938 so should the B set still be carrying the garter and words, should they be the shirt button?

My understanding is that GWR passenger stock got a partial repaint and revarnishing at intervals of about two years.  This was not a total repaint, but simply redoing the top coat and fresh coat of varnish, but it did involve re-lettering and re-lining, so the coach would be returned to traffic displaying the latest livery.

The GWR 'roundel' replaced the coat of arms in September 1934, so by 1938 all passenger stock would  display the roundel.  However, I follow the same practice that Neal Ball suggested, namely covering a five-year period.  I too chose 1934-1938 for the 1930s period on my layout.  This would mean that the 'B' set could still display the double-shield crest, which might be seen as late as the Autumn of 1936.  

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

We'll, I've finally made it to the "end," and what an entertaining ride is was too. Sad though, not sure what I'm to do with my time now that I've finished 250+ pages of LM.

BTW: how did it get to be Overbrook Viaduct: did I miss the referendum?

How about:

a) Quack Viaduct

b) Eider Viaduct

c) Lady Muddle Viaduct

d) Midway Viaduct (my favourite).

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, aardvark said:

We'll, I've finally made it to the "end," and what an entertaining ride is was too. Sad though, not sure what I'm to do with my time now that I've finished 250+ pages of LM.

BTW: how did it get to be Overbrook Viaduct: did I miss the referendum?

How about:

a) Quack Viaduct

b) Eider Viaduct

c) Lady Muddle Viaduct

d) Midway Viaduct (my favourite).

Hope you enjoyed your journey and that will continue to follow my Little adventures....

How did the viaduct get its name...

As the name suggests, there's a brook and the viaduct goes over it, it was a simple as that.

There was a referendum and I am surprised you didn't see it in the Little Muddle Gazette where everyone, with an interest, was invited to an open evening some time ago at the Station PH where the meeting was well attended by all the locals whether they were plastered painted or not.

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

That was quite often standard practice, wait until the passengers have left and then set back sufficiently to allow the engine to run round and then propel the coaches back towards the station building. Branch trains were leisurely affairs, plenty of time for that and a brew.

• Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 minutes ago, aardvark said:

Which reminds me - did that dog ever get painted?

You know what, I don't know...….not even sure which one I used or where he is hiding now!!!!

• Like 3