Car driving civil servants are at it again... (Southeastern franchise)

• RMweb Premium

The longest commute I knew was a guy who did Barnsley to London every day (He drove to Doncaster).

I'm pretty sure that I remember some BBC programme many years back about long distance commutes, and they had one guy who was doing Bridlington to London.

Adrian

my experience of MPs is that most of them are far better able to find their own backsides than their constituents.

I'm sure Mr. Osbourne and Mr. Hammond would agree with you, as long as their expenses were paid☺

As far as divisions within countries and people with get up and go, going, you are quite right.

Circumstances cause change, governments are really rather ineffectual.

Look at the Southern rail fiasco now.

• RMweb Premium

Circumstances cause change, governments are really rather ineffectual.

Look at the Southern rail fiasco now.

As far as the Southern Rail fiasco goes your statement is completely false. While there were (and are) many other issues affecting the franchise, the biggest, and by far the most disruptive issue was the purely political decision by the newly elected Conservative Government to deliberately pick a fight with the RMT over DOO and ensure the person leading the charge on their side (Mr Wilkinson of the "they can get the hell out of my industry" fame) side did his upmost to insult / piss off Southern staff into the bargain.

Archived