DCC Dingham couplings

Guest jim s-w

Alternatives to the non-latching function key is found in decoders which support Kroiss couplers; these being Zimo, CT and the new "plus" versions of the Lenz Silver/Gold chips. The Kroiss need a timed output.

To add to Nigel's list of decoders that provide timed outputs specifically for the operation of things like DCC couplers.....

ESU LokPilot V4.0

ESU LokSound V4.0

Various Uhlenbrock decoders

Keuhn F060 function decoder

....in addition to the ones mentioned by Nigel

Zimo

CT

Lenz Silver +

Lenz Gold +

I would add that "nano actuator kit" = "coil and two magnets". There is nothing else in the "kit".

The makers rate the coil for ~4.5v, so wire up accordingly. I wire two in series, though at 9v, that is over supplying the volts and hence current, so outside maker's spec.

I still have a fair few etchings for sale from the batch I made for the AJ couplings. They're essentially the "extras" on a sheet once my needs and a few immediate friends were supplied. They could probably be used for other systems, contact me by email or PM if interested.

- Nigel

Guest jim s-w

Hi Ian

They are tiny electro magnets. They repel the magnet on the arm of the coupling and lift it up

Hth

Jim

Hi Jim

Thanks for that, am I correct in thinking that it is electric current through the coil causes the repeling action, if so will it work the opposite way i;e the electric current through the coil would cause the magnet to attract, just wondering if this method could be used for Spratt & Winkle couplings?

Ian

Archived