Rail Ex TAUNTON 21st & 22nd October 2017

peterw

• RMweb Gold

I saw someone putting tomato ketchup onto a sausage butty - how can you do that & then eat it?

Brown sauce, yes, but sausage butties & tomato ketchup just don't go together!

But why would anyone choose Sausage with Ketchup when there's Bacon with HP on offer...............

John

By the time I got to the refectory, about 1400, it seemed sandwiches and rolls had been exhausted, but the polite man in the corridor advised me that bacon baps were still available, and a young lady - presumably a sixth-former - made me one while I waited.

I greatly enjoyed the show, spent a bit of money, felt my trip from Torquay had been more than worthwhile.

Yes, some of those sixth former's were rather tasty. B

Yes, some of those sixth former's were rather tasty. B

You'll have the politically correct mob after you for comments like that, Brian,  :nono: but as you didn't actually specify whether the 6th formers were male, female, trans-sexual or what-ever you might get away with it!  :jester:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The Much Murkle team thoroughly enjoyed our weekend at Taunton. I didn't have access to my usual van to transport the layout, so had to leave a few things at home to fit MM into the car. After twenty plus exhibitions of not needing tools and spares that I normally carry I decided that we could do without them. Sod's Law dictated that when we switched the power on on Saturday morning, a flourescent tube blew, not a big deal as there are six of them over the layout; next the switch which operates the home signal fell apart internally, so sorry if anyone noticed the inevitable SPAD's. Finally the hand held controller decided to short itself out on Sunday afternoon. Fortunately I wasn't entirely flying by the seat of my pants and did have a spare controller with me. 

A good variety of layouts on show and Thornbury Hill was a deserved winner of best in show. Thanks to Steve and the rest of Somerset Railway Modellers for the friendliness shown and putting on a great show. The hot food was especially appreciated.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The Much Murkle team thoroughly enjoyed our weekend at Taunton. I didn't have access to my usual van to transport the layout, so had to leave a few things at home to fit MM into the car. After twenty plus exhibitions of not needing tools and spares that I normally carry I decided that we could do without them. Sod's Law dictated that when we switched the power on on Saturday morning, a flourescent tube blew, not a big deal as there are six of them over the layout; next the switch which operates the home signal fell apart internally, so sorry if anyone noticed the inevitable SPAD's. Finally the hand held controller decided to short itself out on Sunday afternoon. Fortunately I wasn't entirely flying by the seat of my pants and did have a spare controller with me. 

A good variety of layouts on show and Thornbury Hill was a deserved winner of best in show. Thanks to Steve and the rest of Somerset Railway Modellers for the friendliness shown and putting on a great show. The hot food was especially appreciated.

Nice to know our efforts as a club were appreciated. I did come along for a look and chatted to one of your team, you were deep in conversation so I did not intrude. Lovely layout.

Don

I enjoyed the show, spending nearly 4 hours there on Sunday, it was good to see a couple of favourite layouts again

plus several good ones that were new to me, and to meet a couple more RMwebbers.

Many thanks to all involved,

cheers

Footage from my visit on the Saturday. As mentioned in a previous post, it was my first visit to the show and certainly was not disappointed!  

Here's my video from the day. Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY2dIDYlGFw

Nice video - apart from showing just how thin my hair is these days :(

Annoyingly, the Class 04 ran perfectly the rest of the weekend, without stalling - must be camera shy :)

Great show - really enjoyed it. Thanks to all involved in organising it

Nice video - apart from showing just how thin my hair is these days :(

Annoyingly, the Class 04 ran perfectly the rest of the weekend, without stalling - must be camera shy :)

Great show - really enjoyed it. Thanks to all involved in organising it

She ran fine from what I saw :)  

Edited by SDJR7F88

It has been a week since the show and the website has been updated with a review of the show at http://www.somersetrmc.org.uk/Rail-EX/Review.htm which includes some images, the trophy winners and no less than six films which give a comprehensive summary of the show. If you obtained a show guide by donation and returned the feedback form you were entered into the free prize draw. Winners will be notified but they are listed on the website at http://www.somersetrmc.org.uk/Rail-EX/Prize%20Draw.htm

Feedback regarding the new split show arrangement was overwhelmingly positive and the overall attendance for the weekend was up 9% on the previous very successful year. The provisional date for the next show is 27th & 28th October 2018. This is a week later than is usual due to the Somerset school half terms and restrictions imposed by the host venue. We hope to develop and improve the show further in 2018, please keep in touch with the website (http://www.somersetrmc.org.uk/Rail-EX/index.html) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/RAILEXTAUNTON) for all the up to date information.

Many thanks for your support.

• Like 2