NOT the Scarborough DRM show!

Mike J

It has come to my attention that advertising for a model railway exhibition in Scarborough on May 6th contains the phrase "Organiser - Scarborough and District Railway Modellers".

This is not the case, and the exhibition is nothing to do with the Scarborough and District Railway Modellers.

As Chairman of Scarborough and District Railway modellers, I am currently dealing with the situation and cannot comment further.

I just wanted to advise you all of the situation to avoid any confusion.

The Scarborough and District Railway Modellers Exhibition will take place at the Memorial Hall in Pickering on 19th/20th of August 2017, and you will of course be kept fully informed regarding our club's only exhibition.

http://sdrmweb.co.uk/Exhibition_2017.php

Thank you,

Mike Johnson,

Chairman. SDRM

Hi,

I have a flier advertising this show and it just says" Scarborough model railway show " no mention of Scarborough and district railway modellers or no association is made to the club / society.

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else so maybe it could be a case of misunderstanding or misinterpretation.

I have no connection to either btw.

Jerry.

Hi,

I have a flier advertising this show and it just says" Scarborough model railway show " no mention of Scarborough and district railway modellers or no association is made to the club / society.

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else so maybe it could be a case of misunderstanding or misinterpretation.

I have no connection to either btw.

Jerry.

Thanks Jerry,

The mention of Scarborough and District Railway modellers appeared in the latest copy of a major modelling magazine and I am treating the matter as a misprint/misunderstanding.

The club has received enquiries from the general public, friends of the club and fellow modellers. 

We are resigned to the fact that since the show is in Scarborough, people will automatically assume that it has a connection with Scarborough and District Railway Modellers.

The confusion has caused the club committee and members time and effort in setting the record straight and smoothing a few ruffled feathers in some quarters, upon which I would prefer not to elaborate.

The club does not wish to cause offence or harm to the exhibition concerned, but we must also protect our own interests and by default our own reputation.

We are fully committed to organising our own exhibition in Pickering and do not at the present have any plans to organise an event in Scarborough.

Thank you for your reply,

Best regards,

Mike 

Archived