Wanted - 0-scale Ajax brake housing

Willy

I am looking for several sets of 0-scale Ajax brake housing (or similar) if anyone has surplus they would like to sell please? I don’t necessarily need the brake wheel!

I am also looking for 0-scale AB brake sets to convert a couple of Atlas hoppers that have the older K type.

Thanks.

post-7068-0-33341400-1495108048.jpg          post-7068-0-72991500-1495108195.jpg

I know you don't want to get from the US if possible, but have you looked at the Atlas parts site. I get a lot of parts from them and the postage isn't bad. So far I havn't had to pay any VAT.

I know you don't want to get from the US if possible, but have you looked at the Atlas parts site. I get a lot of parts from them and the postage isn't bad. So far I havn't had to pay any VAT.

Thank you Mick. Yes, I have considered buying from the US but I hadn’t considered Atlas. Postage is an issue these days and I was hoping that someone might have a couple of bits in their spares box. 

Thank you Mick. Yes, I have considered buying from the US but I hadn’t considered Atlas. Postage is an issue these days and I was hoping that someone might have a couple of bits in their spares box.

Weird, I find postage costs from UK to US is a lot better than domestic rates.

It’s not weird at all Spitfire, it is my experience with postage from the US to Ireland. When you are buying an item costing less than $15.00 and the postage quoted is $25.00 that is expensive!

Atlas parts used to be the same to the UK as the Domestic rate, $4 I think it was (unless you ordered O scale bodyshells !!), but since the new website has been up and running it has gone up to $10 or $11, still not bad, and it all comes in a nice solid box.

There are parts diagrams for some of the stock, otherwise you have to trawl through each items listing, and not all items are in stock - and ignore the pictures ........

Atlas parts used to be the same to the UK as the Domestic rate, $4 I think it was (unless you ordered O scale bodyshells !!), but since the new website has been up and running it has gone up to $10 or $11, still not bad, and it all comes in a nice solid box.

There are parts diagrams for some of the stock, otherwise you have to trawl through each items listing, and not all items are in stock - and ignore the pictures ........

Thanks again Mick, I would never have thought of Atlas. I have had a look through their website and I took the plunge and ordered what I hope will be suitable and as you say, the postage was only $4! Amazing after the prices I was quoted elsewhere. 

Edited by Willy

I got a big box of spares from Atlas a few years ago, & they helpfully described it on the Customs label as "Commercial Samples, no Value". :sungum: so someone at the Shipping Dept knew what they were doing :yes:

Unfortunately their parts availability seems to have been dire more recently, but probably as a knock-on from the problems they had with their Chinese manufacturers. I've no idea what the situation is now.

I got a big box of spares from Atlas a few years ago, & they helpfully described it on the Customs label as "Commercial Samples, no Value". :sungum: so someone at the Shipping Dept knew what they were doing :yes:

Unfortunately their parts availability seems to have been dire more recently, but probably as a knock-on from the problems they had with their Chinese manufacturers. I've no idea what the situation is now.

The situation is good if they have what you want, and dire if they don't ............... :sungum:       I've managed to pick up GP/SD cabs, high hoods, fans, glazing, those boxes that go behind the cab (EAFB?!), and air tanks, SW pilots and air tanks, and caboose underframes and details for a couple of transfer cabeese. I'm hoping that with the next release of the SD40 there will be some spare long hoods about, at the moment short hood, cab and chassis/sill are available. :senile:

Edited by mikjd