Oo gauge cattle truck/lorry

in 4mm scale, there's the old Budgie no. 22 Leyland Hippo diecast. It would need quite a bit of work, but should scrub up adequately. A playworn example shouldn't cost a lot, but a mint/boxed example commands 'collectible' prices. The paint is rather thick, but, being bright orange, it will need a repaint anyway.

I think there was a kit available at one time, but have no further information.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=budgie+cattle+truck&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiHzN3ChabUAhVNkRQKHdQ6ATwQ_AUICigB&biw=1447&bih=745

in 4mm scale, there's the old Budgie no. 22 Leyland Hippo diecast. It would need quite a bit of work, but should scrub up adequately. A playworn example shouldn't cost a lot, but a mint/boxed example commands 'collectible' prices. The paint is rather thick, but, being bright orange, it will need a repaint anyway.

I think there was a kit available at one time, but have no further information.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=budgie+cattle+truck&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiHzN3ChabUAhVNkRQKHdQ6ATwQ_AUICigB&biw=1447&bih=745

Thank you but the budgie I've seen and that's a silly price for my needs

Hattons have it on pre-order.

Looking on eBay, the Budgie varies from £4.99 BIN (reasonable*) + postage  to over £100 (ridiculous*).

* My opinions re pricing - Include the postage in ridiculous (not the fault of the sellers!)

• RMweb Premium

Trackside made a cattle wagon body on one of their lorries. Not a very good one consisting og a solid resin lump. If you can find a playworn example of the Budgie model you might  consider removing the body and placing it on another chassis such as Base Toys.

Can anyone help please

Looking for a cattle truck / lorry from the 50s/60s don't mind in kit form just can't seem to find one

Many thanks

Hi, Road Transport Images do some livestock bodies, cabs, chassis etc. Might be worth a look. Great range of vehicles. Just a satisfied customer.

Archived