'Plain red' DB schenker

Shoey

Hello Shoey

With my Colas 60087 I removed the Clic Sargent plates and cab and front numbers by patiently rubbing them gently away with a Brasso soaked cotton bud. Where the removal took place a nice gloss area was left for the new numbers and Railtec nameplate.

Where the end and side graphic for Tarmac was required I brush coated with Johnsons Klear and applied all decals when dry.

Once all decals had dried, I removed body from chassis, masked windows and air brushed a coat of Phoenix enamel gloss over the whole body. Satin can be used as preferred.

Results as per photos on Parkway layout.

Regards

John

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm sure a plain red DB tug would be popular. Hornby are doing a red 67 this year. As for the Colas 60 I will be getting one soon as I had hoped for this last year so was nice to see it appear this year.

I have a model of 60011 in DB red which is a fantastic respray by Andi Walshaw, nicely weathered too.

Mark

• Like 3

Hello all,

I think if enough of us request one by contacting Hornby and filling in the form. They will produce one sooner or later if there is enough demand. Personally I am seeking an unnamed one as it will make life easier to knock out a few renumbered models for a project I will be working on. As for using transfer decals. I use the Mr Hobby decal setter and then add a coat of sorter to fix the decal into plate and I import from Japan. The decal softer bonds the decal into the paint to give it a hand painted look. Its a Japanese range and I am curious to know if anyone else uses those decal application fluids? If so, whats your verdict on them?

Hi MRDBLUE17.

I also have 60011 in DB Schenker red. This was reworked from 60007 switch on to safety. Can never have too many 60's though as this is why I'm hoping Hornby do announce one. As BritishRail60062 has said, if enough of us contact Hornby and request one then maybe they'll produce one. And an unnamed one at that! (Just in case Hornby are reading this lol) here's a picture of mine. Do you have a picture of yours you could post here?

Kind regards

post-27853-0-68566900-1501613639_thumb.jpg

You know if 60008 ever went to Ireland right ;).

15606026430_901dfc5552_b.jpg

Hornby Class 60, 60008 DB Schenker Livery by BritishRail60062, on Flickr

That is the impression it would be like and also mine is named as "The Spirit Of IRELAND" which I had custom made with a four leaf shamrock on the metal nameplate. It looks fantastic for the work that is done.

On a reality note though, here is 60011 below that is the only two Hornby Class 60's left in my fleet as most of my model trains have gone to new homes.

20362881521_110e45b3db_b.jpg

Hornby Class 60 Diesel Locomotive, 60011 DB Schenker by BritishRail60062, on Flickr

Both have sounds as the Irish 60008 has Olivias and 60011 has Legomanbiffo's superb sounds with a bass-speaker that I shoehorned into the model :).

As for the Hornby new model. I would like anything unnamed. The ones that spring to mind are 60063, 60054, 60001, 60100 as 60100 could be made as per 2016 when I filmed it in Barnetby last year.

Superb pair you have there Ash! Are they repaints or are they reworked from 60007?

To be honest, I wouldn't even mind if Hornby did 60011. Can easily be renumbered plus it's unnamed too. As is 60010, plus the ones you have mentioned - can't think of any others that are currently unnamed.

*60092 unnamed too*

Edited by Shoey

Superb pair you have there Ash! Are they repaints or are they reworked from 60007?

To be honest, I wouldn't even mind if Hornby did 60011. Can easily be renumbered plus it's unnamed too. As is 60010, plus the ones you have mentioned - can't think of any others that are currently unnamed.

*60092 unnamed too*

Thanks buddy. My two here is done by two suppliers as 60008 was done by R3Sprays and 60011 was done by Jon Gavin at Peak Dale which both joined my fleet in 2013. Both locomotives were retrofitted with Kato drivers in 2014 and they sure look better for the trouble :). 60008 was inspired by a number of factors as I am Irish descendant and also my trip in 2011 to Dublin and Cork as well as I liked 60008 did inspire the fictional model.

I went for 60011 as it was the first Class 60 to wear the DB Schenker in late 2010 and I think that one was the only non-super 60 to wear this livery as the rest were all refurbished between 2011-2014 that are in the same livery.

In all honest about the Hornby model. I would ideally like 60063 or 60054. But I would still get a model if it was 60011 as I would need about 5-6 to rework as 60063, 60054, 60001, 60092, 60010 and 60059. In all aspects and looking how much the 60007 model fetches on eBay. It will be a solid successful seller and maybe Hornby should do three versions with different running numbers perhaps next year as I have a lot on my plate at the moment with the new move and 32 tank wagons to obtain somehow :).

• Like 1