Oxted model railway show 2017

jetmorgan

Noticing a small yellow paper leaflet, sticky taped to a telegraph pole on the road into work today there appears to be a model railway show in Oxted on July 9th. It doesn't seem to be very well advertised, It doesn't seem to be very well advertised and I can't find any mention on here about it but there is an advert on the local newspaper website about it and it's also mentioned on the UK Model shop directory website. So I thought I'd mention it so people know about it, I'm not involved with it in any way but I just thought that one paper advert stuck to a telegraph pole with traffic passing at 30mph probably isn't enough.

http://www.oxted-today.co.uk/article.cfm?id=114061&headline=Model%20railways%20on%20show%20in%20Oxted&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2017

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/events/15026-DDExhibitionsExhibition

Apart from the roadside posters and the local papers, this event has also been given good coverage in the Limpsfield (Oxted) parish magazine.  It also appears on some Family Days Out sites.   So I think the marketing is building up.   I will be attending with a stall promoting the Engine Shed Society.  engineshedsociety.co.uk.

Stephen Wolstenholme

Archivist, ESS

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. Limping distance from the station. And a 'spoons to wait in for the return train. I'm hoping to make the effort. The only snag is the silly work to rule on Southern.

G

• RMweb Gold

Nice little show although didn't get much chance to look around as my son couldn't attend to help out today. Nice HO/009 layout San Maria Gandia which I hadn't seen before.

Thanks to Nigel Ashton for holding the fort and allowing me to grab something to eat. The Penguin chocolate biscuit as part of the lunch reminded me I hadn't eaten one since about 35 years!

Overall the layout behaved itself with a few things for me to look at. Received a couple of informal show invites too for next year :good:

Nigel at the controls!

post-3290-0-65050600-1499625337_thumb.jpg

Sadly didn't get the chance to get there as my Saturday was taken up with my washing machine going bang so my Sunday was taken up with all the garden jobs I couldn't get done on the Saturday but will try again next year if there is one planned.

Glad to see it was a good little show

Edited by jetmorgan

I dropped in yesterday. A nice casual and relaxed show.

I went as there were a lot of N/2mm layouts advertised and there was a 'spoons next to the station to wait in. However, there was a lot of Metcalfe's card kits on the layouts (a bit of a Metcalfe fest) with repetitions on many.

G.