Upgraded iOS app for Model Rail - WARNING!

Kiwi

Yes but why will the Model Rail magazine open in the Pocketmags app and not the itunes(Bauer/Greatmagazines) app which is the only one advertised in the magazine subscription sections ??.

It has already been mentioned that they may have pre-empted the release of the new IOS, but have ruined it for every one until we all upgrade to the new OS.

I use the Pocketmags app for my BRM Hornby and Weathering magazines with no problems whatsoever so now my subscription for Model Rail will go through Pocketmags as well and this will allow me to view it on my laptop running Windows 10 as well as my iPad regards Chris GH

Interesting. I had switched all my model railway magazine subscriptions to digital but think I may go back to paper! Not only Model Rail but also Hornby Magazine are giving me problems. Only Railway Modeller actually works properly. BRM told me the paper and digital operations are quite separate so I have switched back to paper. Pity really it all went so well for a couple of years !

• 3 weeks later...

The Android app is just as broken as the Apple version. Sometimes it will open and run for a while, but usually it crashes immediately. (This on two different devices, running different Android versions). I even tried uninstalling it and then re-installing it.

Needless to say I am furious as I paid for the subscription and I have not finished reading all my magazines. The irony is the single copies I bought from Pocketmags work just fine and I can read them on my PC as well.

I have BRM, Steam Days, Back Track, Hornby mag and Railway Magazine subscriptions through Pocket mags and I have NO problems. Why the "Model Rail" app is so flaky I have no idea.

I just sent them an email requesting they cancel my subscription with immediate effect. I only bought it through Bauer so that I could get the discount on the models such as the USA tank and the J70. I think I'd rather pay the extra and subscribe through Pocket mags instead.

The Android app is just as broken as the Apple version. Sometimes it will open and run for a while, but usually it crashes immediately. (This on two different devices, running different Android versions). I even tried uninstalling it and then re-installing it.

Needless to say I am furious as I paid for the subscription and I have not finished reading all my magazines. The irony is the single copies I bought from Pocketmags work just fine and I can read them on my PC as well.

I have BRM, Steam Days, Back Track, Hornby mag and Railway Magazine subscriptions through Pocket mags and I have NO problems. Why the "Model Rail" app is so flaky I have no idea.

I just sent them an email requesting they cancel my subscription with immediate effect. I only bought it through Bauer so that I could get the discount on the models such as the USA tank and the J70. I think I'd rather pay the extra and subscribe through Pocket mags instead.

I referred your complaint (copied the above) to our senior digital people. They advise that you should contact

digitalmagazinesupport@bauermedia.co.uk

who will resolve the issues for you. (CJL)