Bridport & District MRC, Exhibition 29th July 2017.

Dad-1

On Holiday in Dorset at the end of July ?

Bridport & District MRC that I'm a member of have our summer exhibition on Saturday 29th July.

It's a nice small exhibition with Adults at £3.50, Under 16's a £1, until you get to the under 5's Free.

My Thomas layout where children can drive will be there and the popular S&DJR themed "Shillingford"

with all sound locomotives will be there.

As yet I've not got a full listing of what will be there, but it's always a pleasant environment at the

Bridport United Church Hall

East Street

Bridport

10.00 - 16.30 Hrs

Limited refreshments, but it won't break the bank !!

Dad-1

• RMweb Gold

On Holiday in Dorset at the end of July ?

Bridport & District MRC that I'm a member of have our summer exhibition on Saturday 29th July.

It's a nice small exhibition with Adults at £3.50, Under 16's a £1, until you get to the under 5's Free.

My Thomas layout where children can drive will be there and the popular S&DJR themed "Shillingford"

with all sound locomotives will be there.

As yet I've not got a full listing of what will be there, but it's always a pleasant environment at the

Bridport United Church Hall

East Street

Bridport

10.00 - 16.30 Hrs

Limited refreshments, but it won't break the bank !!

Dad-1

Missed last year, due to unavoidable events elesewhere but hoping to get there this year. Based on previous years can recommend this as a friendly and welcoming event.

I'm looking forward to this. There was a very good level of attendance last year, can it be bettered this year? I'm always amazed that Dad-1 can be so relaxed about little ones trying to wreck his excellent Thomas layout!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I've been roped in to help my mate Chris with his O-16.5 layout, Beer Quarry, that's been recruited at short notice to cover another one that's had to withdraw. His wife, Sue, who usually helps him, has other commitments on Saturday.

After the better part of 2 years since its last appearance, we dragged it out of the loft, set up and tested it. 

To our amazement, almost all his locos ran perfectly over most of it even before we cleaned the track.  I also managed to resurrect the one that died on him on its last outing.

Here's hoping everything behaves equally well on the day. :O

See some of you there.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1

Don't think I'll see you, John, but say hello to Chris for me.

Sheila had a hip replacement last Friday at Wonford & I brought her back home Monday afternoon so I'm now chief cook, bottle washer, dog walker, shopping bag operative & general dogsbody.  Can I claim allowance as a carer?

Trying to find a way I might be able to escape to Minehead the followingSaturday, but still hitting a brick wall at the moment.  Anyone want to look after my wife (and, as a bonus, Jack Russel) for the day?  Think carefully before you answer  .  .  .  .

Give my love to Bob Ahrens & remind him Tormouth Quay is still available for bookings  .  .  .  .

Don't think he loves me any more  .  .  .  .

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good cross range of models on show, glad I went. Sadly no 2nd hand n-gauge track other than very short straights. Worth a look in if you are passing Bridport this afternoon.

• RMweb Gold

I've been roped in to help my mate Chris with his O-16.5 layout, Beer Quarry, that's been recruited at short notice to cover another one that's had to withdraw. His wife, Sue, who usually helps him, has other commitments on Saturday.

After the better part of 2 years since its last appearance, we dragged it out of the loft, set up and tested it. 

To our amazement, almost all his locos ran perfectly over most of it even before we cleaned the track.  I also managed to resurrect the one that died on him on its last outing.

Here's hoping everything behaves equally well on the day. :O

See some of you there.

John

It looked good and was running well. Also a thank you to one of the operators for the tip about Plastic Magic glue which I'd not heard of before.