RMweb

Underframe parts for Bulleid Rebuilt Tavern Car

• RMweb Premium

Is there any supplier of 4mm underframe fittings that might provide something I can use or adapt to create the 1959 replacement gas bottle cabinets for the above coach? I'd also be very grateful if anyone has any photos or links to anything that might show this as fitted. None of my searches (e.g Southern Pride and Comet) or my existing resources provides info or suitable 'bits' . I could furnish something but it would be good to know what they looked like and where they fitted instead of the original cylindrical and long gas tank.  I have no photo's in any of my books that show the relevant side of this coach and the diagrams in King and on the Comet kit Instructions do not really help.

many thanks indeed.

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Phil

Have you tried Mike Radford at Marc Models - he has an enormous range of castings, particularly SR & BR(S), not all of which are shown on his website.

He is best reached during business hours on 0208 440 5918.

Good luck!

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Phil

Have you tried Mike Radford at Marc Models - he has an enormous range of castings, particularly SR & BR(S), not all of which are shown on his website.

He is best reached during business hours on 0208 440 5918.

Good luck!

Tony

Mike emailed me back almost immediately. I had bought a SR Ballast Plough from him recently and he recognised my daft email address! He asked if I had built it yet...... I was embarrased to say no.

I think we may get somewhere with his stuff next week?

Phil