The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Are they worth it - BBC announces high earners

• RMweb Premium

BBC4 is usually pretty good on a Saturday evening IMO with some very good (and some not so good) subtitled series at 9pm;

BBC4 can indeed be excellent, but recently it has seemed to be more repeats than anything else.  Last night everything on BBC4 was a repeat apart from the Spanish series.  Tonight they have the Proms in which i have no interest although I appreciate that other people do, and a possibly very interesting programme, "Accidental Anarchist" that I will watch.  Other than those, it's all repeats.  Looking ahead, it appears that BBC4 policy is to have one new programme each evening, together possibly with a current event, eg the proms or the Royal Welsh Show, and otherwise to rely on repeats which is rather sad as I've already seen quite a lot of them and have no great desire to see them again.

When I consider the performance of the BBC, I find myself concerned not so much with what its artists are paid as with how much its management is paid as, frankly, they seem to be doing a pretty poor job. It appears that 106 executive staff are "earning" more than £150,000 pa; they, I think, are definitely not worth it.

DT

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It's all silly money that most of us can only dream about and bears no resemblance to the reality of the lives of most people.  There appears to be an informal club, mostly of men, who can move from one top job to another, often after failing at the one they were at, claiming massive salaries, enormous bonuses which frequently seem quite unjustified, and often getting ridiculously large pay-offs after they have been sacked for failing to perform (and then of course they walk into another top job).  I suspect that a lot of people could do their jobs just as well for a lot less, but they're not in the club.  It's all just another thing that is so wrong with our society.

DT

Edited by Torper