Is Blea Moor in the American West?

Hope this is in the right place - can't find anywhere better to put it.

I've just been watching episode 2 of Robert Redford's The West on the History channel. Among other things this dealt with the construction of the Union Pacific railroad and the golden spike at Promontory Point. Among the bits of docudrama the usual dosage of archive pictures was rolled out, including one that looked incredibly like a view from near the southern portal of Blea Moor tunnel showing the signal box and siding with Ingleborough in the distance. Then at the end of the programme an Ivatt 2-6-0 and maroon coaches appeared running over a small viaduct, but I couldn't recognize the location. Very strange bit of film editing!

Nothing on railway programmes surprises me.

The ruling idea seems to be, "Oh, it's a train, it'll do..."

Exactly! That program about the ealing comedies didn't really deal with the titfield thunderbolt, it just had a segment with Richard E Grant riding on a 15xx pannier tank and calling the whole thing 'a load of hot air'

Hope this is in the right place - can't find anywhere better to put it.

I've just been watching episode 2 of Robert Redford's The West on the History channel. Among other things this dealt with the construction of the Union Pacific railroad and the golden spike at Promontory Point. Among the bits of docudrama the usual dosage of archive pictures was rolled out, including one that looked incredibly like a view from near the southern portal of Blea Moor tunnel showing the signal box and siding with Ingleborough in the distance. Then at the end of the programme an Ivatt 2-6-0 and maroon coaches appeared running over a small viaduct, but I couldn't recognize the location. Very strange bit of film editing!

With the usual standard of film editing, lucky you didn't get a clip of an American 'Casey Jones' type 4-4-0 entering the tunnel, and emerging from the other end as a Midland Compound :jester: