RMweb

4-VEG from 4-VEP

• RMweb Gold

I have also re-wheeled the non-motorised coaches using brass bearings and replaced the traction tyred wheels on the motor bogie with smooth metal wheels (using a spare set of wheels). This should hopefully improve the running qualities.

Cheers

Darius

• Like 1

I really like those - fair play to you.

I remember travelling on them regularly in the late 1970's - when I was dating a girl from Bognor Regis!  Those units, despite their branding, got all over the South Central Division.

Just a small query - I don't remember the yellow stripe on all the carriages in the unit. I think it was just on first class as per normal.

• RMweb Gold

That's something unusual. Nice work !

I really like those - fair play to you.

I remember travelling on them regularly in the late 1970's - when I was dating a girl from Bognor Regis! Those units, despite their branding, got all over the South Central Division.

Just a small query - I don't remember the yellow stripe on all the carriages in the unit. I think it was just on first class as per normal.

Thanks guys - there was a dayglo light green stripe with the "Rapid City Link" branding at regular intervals on all of the coaches except for the 1st Class section where the stripe was dayglo yellow.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/75514026@N03/7807971450

Cheers

Darius

Edited by Darius43

Thanks guys - there was a dayglo light green stripe with the "Rapid City Link" branding at regular intervals on all of the coaches except for the 1st Class section where the stripe was dayglo yellow.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/75514026@N03/7807971450

Cheers

Darius

Ah yes, thanks Darius.  I never realised about those stripes, so well done for modelling them! Great attention to detail.

Great stuff.

• RMweb Gold

Ah yes, thanks Darius.  I never realised about those stripes, so well done for modelling them! Great attention to detail.

Great stuff.

I printed the stripes as solid light green patches using a laser printer and white decal paper.  The "Rapid City Link  Gatwick-London" lettering was created using MS Paint in large size and then shrunk down for printing on separate light green "patches".  Solid strips were cut for the main stripes and applied over the full length of each coach side.  The letter strips were cut as small lengths and applied over the long decal strip in the appropriate locations.  The lettering (including BE arrow and airplane symbols) is there but is hard to read with the naked eye.   Most of them are hopefully applied the right way up...

Cheers

Darius

• 5 weeks later...