Luton Area April 10th to 18th ?

Hello Everyone.

I will be in Luton from April 10th to 18th. Could anyone point me in the direction of Model Railway Clubs,Model Railway shops or other Model Railway or Railway attractions I could visit during my stay.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Tony,

I'm going to be not too far from that area myself around the 16th & 17th April! As i was there last year, i found the Luton model railway clubs exhibition! It was a lovely show and i was looking forward to it this year, only on checking - it's a bi-annual show, D'oh!

However, by putting the Luton show postcode into ukmodelshops.co.uk and searching for 20 miles radius, i did find the following two exhibitions;

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/events/3017-Welwyn_Garden_City_Model_Railway_Show

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/events/2955-Amersham_Model_Railway_Show

And for model shops, a similar search revealed;

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/counties/shops_local.php Ah!! Type in LU2 7UX - thats the postcode for the Luton exhibition - or indeed, the poscode of the location where you are staying!

It would definately be wise, as the above website states, to phone through and check that an event is on and that a shop is open before setting off, however - i certainly don't know my way around without Mr Satnav (John Cleese, in my case!laugh.gif laugh.gif !!) so i hope you either have similar or can navigate really well without getting flustered!

Hope you find something of interest there!

Cheers,

John E.

Hi John.

Thanks for that. Its a great help. I was hoping the Luton show was on. I didn't know it was bi annual :(

I wouldn't know about the layouts at the two shows mentioned.Which show looks the more promising ?

• RMweb Premium

For shops, try K.S. Models in Stevenage Old Town. Friendly, knowledgable, good stocks incl. finescale bits, N Gauge, Warhammer(?) Paints, a tiny bit of 7mm; also 20% off all Bachmann, Hornby and Heljan locos (not rolling stock). e.g. My Clayton class 15 cost £76 (they're £89 in Hattons, plus postage) and all are test run before purchase. Parking is ok and there's a proper All Day Breakfast type Cafe a few doors away :)

The shop is located in an Alleyway (for want of a better term) so you won't see it when driving down the main street (remember also it's in the Old Town, not the new town where the railway station is - which is maybe a 20 minute walk away). Find the Waitrose supermarket on the high street in the old town - KS Models is on the opposite side of the road.

No connections etc. etc. - just "my local". p.s. They're shut on Wednesdays.

HTH

Brian

For shops, try K.S. Models in Stevenage Old Town. Friendly, knowledgable, good stocks incl. finescale bits, N Gauge, Warhammer(?) Paints, a tiny bit of 7mm; also 20% off all Bachmann, Hornby and Heljan locos (not rolling stock). e.g. My Clayton class 15 cost £76 (they're £89 in Hattons, plus postage) and all are test run before purchase. Parking is ok and there's a proper All Day Breakfast type Cafe a few doors away :)

The shop is located in an Alleyway (for want of a better term) so you won't see it when driving down the main street (remember also it's in the Old Town, not the new town where the railway station is - which is maybe a 20 minute walk away). Find the Waitrose supermarket on the high street in the old town - KS Models is on the opposite side of the road.

No connections etc. etc. - just "my local". p.s. They're shut on Wednesdays.

HTH

Brian

Hello Brian.

Thank you for that information. The name K.S. has cropped up several times in information I have received. They seem to be highly thought of.

Can anyone give me contact information for the Luton Model Railway Club or any other clubs in that area please.While my partner is doing a week long Art teaching course I would like to visit Model Railway Clubs or any individual layouts that might put up with me for a couple of hours :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived