Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

• RMweb Premium

I've used the Bachmann customer service once, about 4 years ago, for a warranty issue. I found those who I dealt with helpful and the process worked. 

• RMweb Gold

I've found Bachmann customer service excellent - very helpful and customer orientated.

I have never needed to contact Hornby customer service, so can't comment there.

I only ask because I have contacted Bachmann three times regarding faulty PCB's on sound chip 40's and I have had no response yet! I am not even asking them to replace them, just give me a cost on replacing them!

On the couple of occasions I have phoned Bachmann I got a very helpful response, being given the price and being able to order what I wanted there and then. On both occasions the items were delivered promptly by post.

John

Yep, had some contact with Bachmann recently - the workshop manager I think is Jenni, who was very good with the he communication.

Hornby limited to contact about mazak issues, but got the impression the person replying had no knowledge of model chuffers really

Only had one problem and that was with a Hornby N15 where the front bogie had come adrift due to a lose nut after only having it a day and running it once. Phoned them up they told me the day that the rep would be in the shop and to give in to him with all my details. Which I did. After about 6 weeks it got delivered back to me. Good as new. Gotta say I work in customer service and that was excellent.

Big james.

• RMweb Premium

My experience of Hornby is from a few years back now, but when I went DCC I vaguely remembered that there was an issue on the PCB of one of the early class 50 releases, so I contacted them via their website asking if my model R-whatever-it-is was one of those affected. Their web-form asked for my postal address, which some might be reluctant to give, but I completed it anyway. I got the automated email reply that they had my enquiry, and then heard nothing for three days. Not a problem, three days isn't long, but Hornby's reply wasn't an email, it was a Jiffy bag through the post with a free replacement PCB.

That's what I call service!

Bachmann, over the years, very good.  A bit expensive but very good and it is available.  Hornby, only had one instance, attitude terrible but response, i.e. part replaced and they paid the post to Canada, very good.  Especially since it was a sale item.  All correspondence by e-mail.