Porthmadog Model Shop

PenrithBeacon

• RMweb Gold

I guess so and friendly staff but do not for get both steam lines have items of use. The FFWHR shop even has a pub attached !!

Stocks a good range of narrow gauge and Dapol standard gauge in N - mainly suitble for 009 folk but seen an A4 and a Schools in the cabinet. Also some lovely L&B stock plus FR versions including the JGF waggon range..

Range on scenics and the like has increased in last year or so and well worth visit

WHR at the other end of town has a good book shop and last time had some N gauge next to the till but need to check current stocks- also a  good cafe attached to this one, not saying the other doesn`t Spooners good for breakfast and evening meal range  ( shameless plug as volunteer guard! )

Both of course offer a range of 12" to the foot inspiration and 14" to the foot NG16s on WHR service - I am sure they oversize!

Robert.      

• Like 1

This would be the one on the road up to Borth y Gest/Black Rock?

Yes. It's very much an old fashioned model shop i.e. Like the ones I remember from the 50s & 60s.

No RTR for example but lots of aeronautic and vehicular items, wargaming, paint and a small but useful selection of tools.

The local ng railways have small section of ng model railway related items in their tourist traps but they lack the atmosphere of a true model shop.

Regards