RMweb

Ode To Joy - Flash Mob

LBRJ

This has been around for quite a while, and has no doubt been seen by (at least 4 million!) people.

There is just something about it though that makes me cry with a sense of joy - it makes the world feel that little bit better :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87qT5BOl2XU

Lucky thing the percussionist happened to be in the plaza with his kettle drums.

It's a nice presentation and of course hardly novel any more, but nevertheless I'd be delighted to have such a performance happen unannounced sitting in a plaza somewhere in the late afternoon.

• Like 2

Lucky thing the percussionist happened to be in the plaza with his kettle drums.

I know what you mean. A friend of mine called Paddy joined a marching band and soon after he started complaining about back problems and sore legs. I asked him if he was playing one of those big heavy french horn things and he said no, he played the grand piano.

Edited by Baby Deltic

One thing I did come across, in the days when I used to fumble pretend to play the piano more frequently, was the similarity of the intro to Meatloaf's "I Would Do Anything For Love" to "Ode to Joy". If you play his intro as chords, it comes across as almost identical. Did he or his songwriter crib off the older work?