Ex-LSWR C14 0-4-0T in BR[S] Days

Arun Sharma

There is - or was - an etched brass kit in preparation to be released in 4mm scale by CSP Models and in 7mm by Roxey. However, following the sad passing of Roger Slade, the 4mm version may or may not appear under the new owners banner - they do post on here so may be able to advise. It used to be shown on their website but is currently missing.

Last time I asked Dave Hammersley of Roxey about the 7mm version I got the impression it has disappeared off the horizon.

Don't try to copy the B4 cab, there is very little commonality between them. In Bradley's Wild Swan book on Drummond locos, there is a GA drawing of the C14 on the penultimate pages. Unfortunately the bit showing the backhead is not as clear as in some of the other drawings, but careful scrutiny should reveal what you might want.

In addition, in Barry Curl's magnum opus "The LSWR at Nine Elms" there are two pictures of a C14 under construction. (Page 324) They show the boiler from both ends before the cab has been fitted, and should provide everything you need to corroborate the drawing. I have to say that the cab and the door opening are so small that very little will be visible, especially if the crew are added, but, perhaps, in 7mm it would be more obvious.