GALAVA (loco works)

Clagmeister

Hi,

I'm back and have made a start on a new HOe/009 project.  Based upon a fictional modern age project based in the Central Lakes.  As a house move is on the cards this will be a modular system with the first board based around the railways operating centre named after the Roman Fort it is situated near on the outskirts of Ambleside. 

Have made a start marking stuff out and base painting, also before wiring and track laying I needed to put the Harz style inspection pit in.  Here it is outside number 1 road of the running shed.

post-7043-0-65770000-1504024666_thumb.jpg

post-7043-0-60721800-1504024698_thumb.jpg

If any of you have worked on a heritage line shovelling ash you might have experienced this.  You'll notice in this pic that there is guy doing the work whilst another guy tells him how to do it better  :-)

post-7043-0-14190800-1504024719_thumb.jpg

There is a historic story to it which I'll bore you with later, and i'll do track plans and give you an idea of how its going to be.  I hope to do photographs of the route too. 

Glad to be back although I have been lurking for a while, some great stuff on here as always.

Claggy

Thank you.  It will be modern times on an old fictional track bed, using imported stock to operate a modern tourist system.

Coniston to Rydal and Elterwater opened by the Furness Railway in 1897 as an extension to their standard gauge line.  Built to 2ft gauge and used locomotives built by Manning Wardle which were roughly the same as those used on the L&B.

There are plans to have old stock and locomotives built in the future so heritage trains can be run.

Interesting concept, you could model the little 2' gauge railway TTG, Threlkeld, Thirlmere and Grassmere mineral railway, this join the CK&P at Threlkeld, if you drive through St Johns in the Vale, you can still see part of the track bed near Bram crag quarry which was part of the light rail network.

There was talk a couple of year back about re-instating the track from Threlkeld quarry to Barm crag quarry by a small group of volunteer's at Threlkeld quarry, but sadly this didn't get past just thinking about it, but part of the track bed is being used for the new extension at Threlkeld, so it's not all bad news.

Edited by long island jack

Interesting concept, you could model the little 2' gauge railway TTG, Threlkeld, Thirlmere and Grassmere mineral railway, this join the CK&P at Threlkeld, if you drive through St Johns in the Vale, you can still see part of the track bed near Bram crag quarry which was part of the light rail network.

There was talk a couple of year back about re-instating the track from Threlkeld quarry to Barm crag quarry by a small group of volunteer's at Threlkeld quarry, but sadly this didn't get past just thinking about it, but part of the track bed is being used for the new extension at Threlkeld, so it's not all bad news.

Yes a little railway round to Bram Crag would be great.  Ian and Dicken were still talking about it last time I saw them.

Looking good, Mike. Great to see you back on here.

A bit of a change with the new plan, I see! You could always do one of these too...

post-7247-0-03453100-1504533441_thumb.jpg

Taken at Zell Am See on our summer hols this year. We had a trip on the Pinzgauer Lokalbahn behind it.

Cheers for now,

Dave

• Like 1