LNER radius rod size?

JeffP

I know this is probably going to generate very few responses, but does anyone know if the radius rod, (Die block to valves) on a P2 is the same size as that for an A4?

Laurie Griffin has the one for the P2, and I'm having no luck getting drawings to have the correct one for an A4 etched up.

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

I know this is probably going to generate very few responses, but does anyone know if the radius rod, (Die block to valves) on a P2 is the same size as that for an A4?

Laurie Griffin has the one for the P2, and I'm having no luck getting drawings to have the correct one for an A4 etched up.

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Wouldn't the A4  one be the same as an A3?

Just on visual evidence, the P2 radius rod is shorter, I'd suspect much the same length as that on the V2 which is roughly 4' (based on my 9" handspan when I got my mitts on it several years back). The A3 and A4 Pacific radius rod is dimensioned at 6' between centres of the die block and combination lever, if that's any help?

Thanks, it does. The A3 and A4 are (almost) identical, yes.

Yet a member of the Mallard build group on Facebook swaers he used parts from laurie to finish his valvegear, although Laurie only lists the P2 radius rod.

I'm really not wanting to go down the milled valvegear route, at £26, and cannot afford a valvegear set from Finney7 at £70.