New steam for Sweethome Chicago

Jon Grant 4472

While getting the layout ready for Barrow in Furness show over the Easter weekend, I had a bit of time to paint and soundchip a few brass locos that I've picked up over the last couple of years

First up is a Japanese brass model of a B&O B18d 4-6-0

IMG_6052.JPG

IMG_6053.JPG

Next up is an Alco Models NYC B11L 0-6-0

IMG_6056.JPG

IMG_6071.JPG

Last up is another Alco Models, an NYC G46h 2-8-0

IMG_6077.JPG

IMG_6081.JPG

IMG_60841.JPG

I still have a Sunset NYC 4-6-2 to bash about but that one will have to wait.

Jon

Very nice Jon, they look very workmanlike.

I was hoping to meet up with you in Barrow, but health probs prevent me from travelling! That and the cost of flying!

No health, no job, no money! It's a vicious circle.:angry:

Good luck at the show.

Jon ,

you have done a really nice paint job on those steamers ,I particularly like the 2-8-0 with the hopper tender ,did you use Tsunami chips in these ones ? any chance of some of your excellent video to sample the sounds ..?

Regards Trevor .. :D

Tsunami chips thieved from other locos in the 2 NYC locos. I could only find a Soundtraxx LC decoder for the B&O loco. I hope to shoot a video next week - I've already started dismantling the layout for Barrow show.

Jon

Very nice, (small) US steam is just starting to interest me. Cooincidentally I was just reading the Continental Modeller article on the layout in bed last night.

The layout has changed somewhat since Steve Flint took the photos for the article in 2006 - 70% new trackwork, several new buildings and totally new backscenes.

Jon

Very nice Jon, they look very workmanlike.

I was hoping to meet up with you in Barrow, but health probs prevent me from travelling! That and the cost of flying!

No health, no job, no money! It's a vicious circle.:angry:

Good luck at the show.

Sorry I'll miss you at Barrow. I'll shoot some video for you.

Jon

Tsunami chips thieved from other locos in the 2 NYC locos. I could only find a Soundtraxx LC decoder for the B&O loco. I hope to shoot a video next week - I've already started dismantling the layout for Barrow show.

Jon

So is this another change for "Sweethome Chicago"...moving to the east ?? or just having a change around with the locos ...?

So is this another change for "Sweethome Chicago"...moving to the east ?? or just having a change around with the locos ...?

SWC is loosely based in the geographical area around Calumet where over 23 different RRs had either rails or trackage rights within a 1 mile radius. Whilst there will still be Western locals, I hope to concentrate on the Eastern roads and of course the Chicago-based RRs - EJE, Belt Railway, IHB etc.

Jon

Archived