The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Dyson to make electric cars !

Ron Ron Ron

Then there's the "Ludicrous Speed" package that Tesla offer on the P100D variant. That's the sort of acceleration that will push your facial muscles right into the back of your head.  :O

Does it include a big lever marked "Emergency Stop - Never Use"?

Would the battery charge on the Tesla last a bit longer if it had less than 700 bhp?

It's a good question!

I expect it has more to do with how hard you press the loud pedal. I imagine a large electric motor producing low bhp is proportionately more efficient than a large ic engine producing low bhp. Could be just a slight penalty due to the extra weight.

It's a good question!

I expect it has more to do with how hard you press the loud pedal. I imagine a large electric motor producing low bhp is proportionately more efficient than a large ic engine producing low bhp. Could be just a slight penalty due to the extra weight.

A quick Google suggests a Model S gets about 3.5 miles per kWh whereas I get 4.2 from my Leaf with a battery a third of the size..

So not a big deal.

I don't recall anyone complaining about a Tesla's range...

• 4 weeks later...