RMweb

Heljan 7mm AC Railbus - Problem with getting power to the motor

brossard

Over the last while I've been wrestling with my Railbus.  It stopped running and I found that one of the motor connections had broken.  The motor and wiring are such a tight fit that I suspect the stress on the very wimbly wires was too much.

Anyway, I did get it back together and after making the connections to the board, it still won't go.  Yes, I took a picture before disconnecting so I have a record of where things should go.

Now, at one point I did inadvertently connect the track to the AC output of a DC controller ( :nono: :senile: ), but things seemed fine afterwards.  In the course of the wiring repair I did confirm the motor is fine (sigh of relief).  I also snipped the wires immediately before the mini plug after reassembly and connected them direct to the controller - the motor works.  The lights all function so the pickups are working.   Therefore, the problem must lie in the board.   I'm wondering if I did damage the board because there's a black spot on it:

37682707032_38048ff507_z.jpg001 by John Kendall, on Flickr

Could someone who has installed a decoder advise whether the black spot is normal?

Thanks

John

Edited by brossard