Peco SL E97 Small Y Point

One of the contact tags on the switch rails is not making contact with the corresponding stock rail causing my Class 08 to stop, I have tried gently bending the tag up slightly but there is still no contact. Is there a way to fix this by possibly leaving the point in place? 

I should say that the point is on my DCC layout and was fitted straight from the box with no mods apart from IRJs on the frog rails, the other route over the point works fine.

Any ideas/advice is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

You could fit a Gaugemaster DCC80. It will power the frog and blades whether they are contacting the stock rails or not. Easy fit and forget.

Thanks for the link, I had thought of bonding the stock and switch rails and powering the frog with a micro switch as I have with my other electrofrog points but because of the way the 'Y' point is built and works I'm unsure how to modify it.

MIchael,

If there is a point motor attached, are you sure it is not slightly mis-aligned?  Alternatively, is there an obstruction or something binding under the switch rail that hinders the movement - eg a piece of ballast?  Does the point have an adjustment for the spring tension - if so, a slight adjustment might cure it?  I don't have any Y points but have found that sometimes, a little modelling oil on the sleepers aids movement of the switch rail.

Harold.

The Small Y is one point Peco have not modified to make DCC friendly and their is no pair of wires on the underside to cut. Powering the frog via a switch (a Cobalt motor) I decided to cut through the rails leading to the frog with a slitting disc. Due to their shortness they became loose and it was necessary to glue them in place.

Edited by Butler Henderson