4mm plastic loco frame overlays

Gents, I've already done a few searches on RMWeb and also Uncle Google but drawn a blank with both.

I have a vague memory that someone makes, or used to make, overlays for proprietary loco models to assist in re-gauging them to EM or P4 but can't remember who.

Can any kind RMWeb-er assist an old and tired modeller with a fading memory?.

(Thirty-one working days to retirement)

Tim T

Gents, I've already done a few searches on RMWeb and also Uncle Google but drawn a blank with both.

I have a vague memory that someone makes, or used to make, overlays for proprietary loco models to assist in re-gauging them to EM or P4 but can't remember who.

Can any kind RMWeb-er assist an old and tired modeller with a fading memory?.

(Thirty-one working days to retirement)

Tim T

I have a feeling it was Alan Sibley.

Bernard

Thanks for that, it was the Ultrascale ones I was thinking of. not sure if I'll live long enough to receive any though!

Tim T

Tim

I converted a Keyser chassis to EM gauge using 40 thou black plasticard, think it was a basic one where the frame was drilled with 1/8 holes rather than bushes

I cut the plasticard to size, stuck one side to the side of the chassis, once set I drilled through the plasticard using the holes in the brass chassis as a guide, once done repeated on the other side. Very quick and accurate, 30 thou might give a bit more movement side to side just measure the width of the chassis, then subtract the back to back and a bit for side ways movement

Just had a check, an etched EM chassis has a width of 13.7 mm. A K's chassis 11.6 mm. Had no problems with the K's 57xx going through A5's

The other trick with a k's loco is to put 2 x 1 mm washers between the frames and spacers

But for propriety models a lot of cutting the details off the sides will be required

Edited by hayfield