Weaver Hill 4 Track Mainline Shrewsbury MRE 1st June 2024

Benjamin Brady

We are all set up at Redditch now.

Stock is all on but not tested so we shall be there early in the morning to do that. 

There were a few issues with the joints but that's been rectified so hopefully there won't be to many running issues. 

We are running a 2010ish theme, west coast mainline we is the normal now. 

Maybe some east coast stock shall get a run again one day. 

IMG_20220916_193956.jpg

• Like 3

• Benjamin Brady changed the title to Weaver Hill 4 Track Mainline Folkestone MRE 1st/2nd October

Good Evening, 

A project I've had to do for a long time now. Since the first run of Bachmann Class 90s in fact. I have always wanted to have a go at 90027 and this afternoon I've finally managed to get around to it. This shall be used on the sleeper at Folkestone show this coming weekend. 

received_632544308447416.jpeg

Edited by Benjamin Brady
  • Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Good Morning,

We are all set for day 2 at Folkestone now. The layout is behaving itself in its normal fashion. 

A MK3 off the Wrexham and Shropshire set does not want to run along with a container. 

Another enjoyable show and a chance to get the layout out. 

A few more figures have been added and the road has been closed due to an escape of penguin's. 

IMG_20221002_091204.jpg

IMG_20221002_090934.jpg

IMG_20221002_090446.jpg

IMG_20221002_090818.jpg

IMG_20221002_090640.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • Benjamin Brady changed the title to Weaver Hill 4 Track Mainline Alsager MRE 12th & 13th November

Good Evening, 

It is time to start making some preparations for the next show which is also our own club show. A busy weekend for sure. Our 3d printing master has offered to print some cars for the car train. The test print focus has turned out well and there shall be a whole batch of them to follow. I think maybe the front windscreen needs a little less blue, but when it is running around the layout it should look okay. The addition of the revolution car wagons makes the car service all the more authentic. 

There is not a great deal else to do on the layout at the moment. I am sure something shall crop up though. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning, 

A small project this week to keep myself busy. A test build of a wcml relay room that's being produced by a member at our club and available to buy. This shall be on display at our show over on his stand. 

https://www.pjmmodels.co.uk/

I've got to say it went together very well, it's the first time I've tackled painting engineering brick and the result was satisfactory. 

The figures on the other hand were causing me issues but they look acceptable for setting the scene. Original this was meant to go on Weaver Hill where the crossing keepers cottage is now. Maybe it's an excuse for another exhibition layout ;).

IMG_20221103_174514.jpg

Edited by Benjamin Brady
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Good Evening,

We are back from an excellent weekend and the layout again had its usual performance issues, they settled a little and the stock ran well. However the joints do need some work and hopefully this works shall be underway with a few boards adjusted for our next show at Bognor Regis. 

Andy York was there in the morning to take some photos. There were a few additions just little things to bring the layout to life such as some swans on the pond. 

It was also nice to win the best scenic exhibit at the show. 

IMG_20221113_153144.jpg

IMG_20221113_134931.jpg

IMG_20221113_153131.jpg

• Like 4

• Benjamin Brady changed the title to Weaver Hill 4 Track Mainline Bognor Regis 15th & 16th Jan 2023
  • 1 month later...

Good Afternoon, 

It is stock packing day today, the only day I have free until departure on Friday, such a shame work gets in the way. We are looking forward to the weekend away. We were hoping on the arrival of the sleeper mk5s for the show but it might be a no show. The mk3s have been packed to ensure a sleeper service is retained through the weekend. 

With the hopeful arrival of the Mk5s we shall be running as up to day stock as we can. 

Good Evening,

Day one all done and dusted, the layout again as always ran rough so it's never unusual about it did settle down as the show went on. However there were a few niggles with some of the liners. 

The sleeper was planned to run with 16 and this was trialed but it's down to 8 and they have ran well after loosening the screws on some of the bogies and of course the odd train split scanario which crops up now and again. 

We are looking forward to day two tomorrow. 

The show looked well attended which is good to see 

IMG_20230114_171145.jpg

IMG_20230114_170832.jpg

IMG_20230114_162938.jpg

• Like 4

• Benjamin Brady changed the title to Weaver Hill 4 Track Mainline Doncaster 11th/12th Feb 2023
  • 4 weeks later...

We are nearly all set up at Doncaster now. We were a touch later than planned and only had an hour to set up but we got the majority of the layout up. 

Tomorrow morning it shall be getting the stock on and tearing. Slightly playing trains feel to the layout this weekend due to some friend's who live local to Doncaster taking over. An ecml feel with a flexible time frame. 

• Like 1