RMweb

Modern Motive Power LMS Duchess 7mm scale kit wheel/ crank pin issue

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

Some time ago I was asked to build the above kit. The owner supplied driving wheels. I originally assumed these to be Slaters as they assemble onto a self quartering boss and tighten with an Allen key BUT......

Slaters crank pins do not fit. On further investigation I am advised the wheels may be Romford (did/do Romford make O gauge wheels???) . If indeed they are Romford does anybody know where I might get screw in crank pins to fit?

Roger

In what way do the crank-pins do not fit?, if you mean that the holes are too small then it's a simple task to drill the wheel as it's a plastic centre. Other crank-pins are available but they are larger in their diameter (I think)

The other question you ask are they Romford - No, the only 0 gauge wheels they make are wagon/coach wheels.

Richard

• RMweb Premium

Roger

In what way do the crank-pins do not fit?, if you mean that the holes are too small then it's a simple task to drill the wheel as it's a plastic centre. Other crank-pins are available but they are larger in their diameter (I think)

The other question you ask are they Romford - No, the only 0 gauge wheels they make are wagon/coach wheels.

Richard

Hi Richard, thanks for your reply. Attached is a pic of a set of the wheels. The problem is the screw holes are too large to take Slaters crank pins. What other crank pins are you aware of?

post-20301-0-43744200-1510233362_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Roger Sunderland

And make sure you insulate one side before you get too far! They need every other spoke cutting through with a piercing saw, and the resultant gaps filling with Araldite, or similar, when dry do the pther sopkes in the same manner. - or get split axles.

Peter