Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Cardiff Tidal Sidings - Photos and Videos

Hi all, 

Got some aerial shots of Cardiff's Tidal sidings if anyone is interested, taken from a drone, still a novice sorry. Hopefully as time goes on I can get some interesting shots. Lots of interference from the lighting towers and local industry, At one point I wasn't too sure who was controlling the Celsa 08, me or the operator...

• Like 3

Not wishing to be a killjoy, but is this legal?

No; it isn't. It does breach Network Rail's own safety guidance and also the law.

I would ask the OP to remove the images so that he does not leave himself at risk of action.

I am not against drone footage; I fly one too but anything published on here must not be in breach of the law, codes or any necessary private restrictions.

Hi, 

Does anyone know how to remove the post?

Although I have read the CAA guidelines and kept well over 50 meters away from the railway or any persons.

Thanks for the Network Rail info Redkite

Edited by Leon

No; it isn't. It does breach Network Rail's own safety guidance and also the law.

I would ask the OP to remove the images so that he does not leave himself at risk of action.

I am not against drone footage; I fly one too but anything published on here must not be in breach of the law, codes or any necessary private restrictions.

Hi Andy, 

Can you remove the post then or let me know how. I don' t want to cause any arguments/issues. Thanks