Baseboard Kits in use

There is a firm called “Woodshop Direct” based in Falmouth. They will cut whatever you want from ply. You enter the dimensions on their website and they do the rest. I have the bits for two 1200x450 boards awaiting retirement in my garage.

I've used that company with satisfaction.  I like the web design tool, where you specify the size and type of material to be used.  The resulting pieces of ply were cut very accurately.  The service was not next-day, but perfectly reasonable and well within the 28-day limit for goods purchased by mail (or Internet) order.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I recently bought a G&H workbench. It fitted together perfectly and is very robust.

I will be returning to them to buy a fiddle yard turntable in the near future.

I never realised they are only a mile from my office. When I placed my order, I asked if I could collect it during my lunch break. When I called in, they were all really friendly people and made me feel welcome - despite the fact they were all on their lunch break too!

A good honest Black Country company whom it was a pleasure to do business with, they had quite a few model locos and carriages around their workshops.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It looks like there are a number of good suppliers.

Personally speaking - I am delighted with my G&H boards and may well use them again for another project (USA HO)

The kits I had went together really well and were just what I needed.

ATB

Chris

• Like 2

I have a number of Tim's boards for a couple of projects (stalled a bit due to health), well made. I've not  had to assemble them mind, as I've collected them assembled from shows from Tim.

Tim is very friendly and helpful.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Another happy customer of G&H here. I don’t really enjoy woodwork and am lacking in time so the board kits seemed like a no brained! I decided on the G&H products after reading other good feedback but also because the curved boards in their range were spot on for my proposed layout. I have built some curved boards and one straight one so far and have been very impressed with the fit of the components and quality. I would definitely recommend them

post-22175-0-48931000-1520162098.jpeg

post-22175-0-46796900-1520162126.jpeg

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Elite Baseboards has now closed, according to its website. No reason stated and I’m not sure when it shut. 

It says that it is completing orders already placed and paid for , but is not taking on any new work.

I was contemplating using them as they can do an adapter piece to connect to Brilliant  Baseboards products, also now defunct after the sad death of its proprietor. 

Does anyone know of a firm that could help out?

E06D9CA7-90D2-49EC-B625-C5AAC056A711.png

Edited by Mel_H
Update
  • Friendly/supportive 1